Thread: Using a Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 as PHYSX Card

Using a Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 as PHYSX Card

I was thinking if anybody might give me several recommendations on using a GPU as a committed PHYSX processing unit.Im currently running a single Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 but I have an old Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 lying around and was thinking if it would be worth throwing in my right for use as dedicated PPU.
    My setup:
    Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.0 GHz
    2Gb DDR3 1333
    GTX 460
    Cooler Master HAF 933
    MSI 890FXA-GD70
    I estimate one of my major concern is whether or not it would even work considering I run an AMD CPU and Mobo which supports Crossfire and not SLI.

Re: Using a Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 as PHYSX Card

As extended as you have 2 PCI-e 16x slots, you can run Graphics = Dedicated PHYSX. SLI or Crossfire hold up is irrelevant. Note down that the GTS250 will merely assist in a few games. Gta San Andréa’s, Cryostasis, call of duty modern warfare, Mafia II, Batman Arkham Asylum , fifa 2009 and other role playing and racing games. Games that do not use PHYSX will see no benefit. It will only help in lower ends games not in high end graphic game.

I’m also using Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 and I was thinking about getting my friends GTS 250 from him for PHYSX. I think it will make good difference in PHYSX enabled games such as mafia 2, batman, fifa 2009 crysis and other role playing and racing games. Someone told me that GTS 250 is available in different editions. I think it will provide extended performance to gaming experience and there is no benefit playing the game which uses PHYSX game.

Why on `globe is my frame rate in Batman twice of Mafia 2 is being is haled (even without PhysX on) I could appreciate if they together go one way, but that is just going crazy. I have v257.21 of the nVidia driver installed. PhysX is running perfect. I double checked with Batman and the FPS drop to <10 with PhysX on without the nVidia card. I will learn is not exactly how I imagined it worked...That will be a fun day. Need to do more research on it.

My benchmarks test using the 240 with double 460's in SLIx16 show to the 240 be not portion presentation, other than hindering it...I have the 240 in the system now, other than it's not seen by the system. Hardware configuration I use CPU for Phys-X but I don't play any games... I was thoughts of using the 240 for an additional plan...It do have polite memory, now the short man on the center to bandwidth steps, If I ever have sufficient time and incentive, I might research with it. Accepting PHYSX engines and GPU giving out is a secrecy which one day I will be taught is not precisely how I anticipated it work...That resolve live as amusing day!