Thread: Need help with PhysX - Ageia and 9800GTX+ SLI

Need help with PhysX - Ageia and 9800GTX+ SLI

I understand that the Ageia PhysX 128MB PCI card is not supported by the drivers provided by NVIDIA. Above all, as any other card in the series NVIDIA 8xxx/9xxx and it is even better in the calculation of physX then the hardware card. When I have two 9800GTX in SLI and a test of 3DMark Vantage, the referral program hangs or crashes as soon as you perform the first test of PhysX. Not receive any program error and log file Windows 7 x 64 is just informs me that the program is not responding / crashed. What would you recommend referral program to test the ability of PhysX? I understand that most fingers point to a bad installation or configuration of software and not the NVIDIA setup program, but we cannot confirm as I prefer to hear about another reference program for PhysX.

Re: Need help with PhysX - Ageia and 9800GTX+ SLI

First of all take the Ageia card out and Uninstall all your drivers and reinstall the latest drivers but making sure the .0514 PhysX Package installs then make sure your Vantage is up to date. There is no reason why you should be crashing running PhysX on your 9800GTX+, they are capable and quite good at it, for that revolution of cards. I hope this solve your problem as soon as possible. All the best!

I bet it's a problem or conflict with the PhysX card itself, therefore, which I suggested deleting first. If the problem disappears with the removal of the card (I bet it does) is not your answer, although to be honest, the Vantage PhysX is just a good test point anyway. Mafia II is the game that has a dedicated PhysX card can make a big difference in the reference in the game, and game performance in general.

It also depends on PhysX drivers you have, if it comes to the latest drivers and bigger, then the Ageia PhysX card would be completely ignored since no hardware drivers for the PPU installed. If you have installed version 9.8.2004 and then updated to the newest drivers, uninstall completely get over the installation and other folders are moved to another location and the Ageia PhysX hardware drivers get uninstalled card. So if you have the new driver PhysX standard, regardless of the PPU is in or out, is just taking up space and would not modify the operation without it.

As far as a hack to dedicate PhysX processing to the PPU, to start this you will need three things. An old Ageia PhysX System Software, Nvidia PhysX System Software 8.09.04 and Newest Nvidia PhysX System Software. Once you have all three downloaded install them. After installing run them and see what is happening. I hope this will solve your problem and if solves then do reply here. It may help others too.

Hey buddy I don’t have much idea about this as I don’t even have such cards. So it’s quite away for me to understand all these things. Thus I would prefer you to take help from customer support center or you can also visit their websites. You can query them and I think they will reply you as soon as possible with a solution. You need to be patient. I hope that nVidia solve your problem immediately.