Thread: Need help with Nvidia Drivers handicap Fermi GPU

Need help with Nvidia Drivers handicap Fermi GPU

I was purchasing NVIDIA cards for many years and upgraded my 260 to my 460 and now I am having 570. I, like many others who have posted here since the release Architecture 4xx series Ferm I’m having problems using GPU MAIN falls resulting in horrible FPS in every game except Metro 2033 (although there are some important peaks from time to time in Metropolitan Area 2033, but it happens very quickly). And no, I have a bottleneck, either my CPU or RAM. I can control my CPU and the GPU via task manager and evga precision on my second monitor.

Re: Need help with Nvidia Drivers handicap Fermi GPU

I was experiencing the same problems. I had a Q9450 CPU and a GPU GTX260; everything was fine, but not the height of the new games. I upgraded my gpu to a gtx570 and had the same problems exactly as you described. No matter what drivers I tried or how high they oc'ed my cpu, still have the use of GPU low (up to 30% sometimes) when I play. A week ago I improved my system to a sand bridge i5 2500K and my use of the GPU has not fallen below 90%, with the 266.58 drivers, in several game since.

I7 processors experiencing the same problem. My CPU is fine. Works with an impressive ati hd 6950. The use of the GPU does not go down below 90% when you need the power. Now you tell me I need a new CPU to use a card that is equal in presentation ATI works well in my existing processor. Sorry, but this is stupid idea. If the ATI card works fine with the current processor then the Nvidia card driver is obviously at fault. Again, please read the message on forum topic entitled "The use of low-GPU still not fixed right?"

I might be being controversial here, but I think there is a driver error that is causing this problem and I think that even might be related to energy management / over volt protection algorithms. But I do not know how it works, or I think, but many people have registered dramatic loss of performance when going from a GF100 G200 so that there is not a problem. Having said that I am willing to say that the majority (80% +) people have no problem at all, but I feel from what I read on the Internet in many forums that there is something wrong with the nVidia driver code and could be the use of the CPU or it could be there and not destructive power management routines or even something completely different!

I agree that the problem is with Fermi that requires huge amounts of CPU to work well. The problem is not with your PC and its processor itself as it is with Fermi power required to run well. There is something that although, as with my old i7 930@3.8 GHz have always been very good use of the GPU in games, but there were many peaks and ridges and valleys on the graph. 2600k@4.6 ghz with my new graphics is almost totally flat now at 95-100%, almost no peaks and valleys in most modern games. Some of the older ones that have a 50% utilization of the GPU, but probably due to the profiles of shit by the nvidia GPU or simply do not have to work so hard to deliver 120fps. There are plenty of troubles with Fermi and however. I would say that a core i7@3.5 GHz processor is the entry level for these guys. That does not even enter into questions of the driver and the profile to be multi GPU / monitor configurations.

It is certainly a strange subject, I personally think it's a very difficult error to locate and nVidia could have 5 PC. Four of them have no problems with GF1xx card base; however, have one that has the problem of using the GPU. Is the problem of using the GPU you are talking occur when the games are stuttering and the realization of how they are fighting, but the GPU usage is not more than 40%, but more importantly, CPU usage is not as high either.
    However, in other areas of the game, using rockets GPU and 80% + and gameplay is smooth? If what I saw, I know someone who had a GTX 295. Upgrading to a GTX 570 with the plan to get another in the near future for SLi. Believe it or not there are games where the GTX295 is significantly faster, but in these the use of games in 570 GPU is very low. It makes no sense at all! In theory, the 570 must be at least equal, if not faster! The very fact that you are having these problems makes me believe that there is an issue with the power supply, as we all know the GTX295 is a proxy card and not to hunger, however, the 570 is struggling.

I've never noticed this problem before, but you have a lot of negative variables in your PC than mine does not: use Vsync, a base plate with a little low end CPU and DDR2, which is running Vista and not Win7, running two monitors with different resolutions. How and why are you running Pérez 1080i on an LCD 22 "? This is nonsense.
    For starters, I think if you have vsync, you're much more likely to have such problems with the use of the GPU. Why even use Vsync in the first place? I 0 flash / cut / tear on my computer with Vsync disabled. Having become literally 0 provide visual benefits, really no benefit to my system, would only add delay entry. If you want to increase the smoothness of panning the camera and remove any tear, it is also necessary to put a mouse polling rate set higher than 125 HzI use G9x to 1000 Hz rate survey today.