Thread: Unable to install nVidia GeForce 310m

Unable to install nVidia GeForce 310m

I have nVidia GeForce 310m graphic card installed in my ASUS k42JC-VX167 laptop. I have upgraded my operating system from windows vista to windows 7 and after that when I tried to install all the driver in laptop at that time mostly driver gets successfully installed except my graphic driver. Whenever I install the graphic driver at that time my laptop hangs on the loading screen. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to install nVidia GeForce 310m

The problem which you are facing is may be due to your graphic driver has crashed and that is why your laptop is giving problem to you. I think first of all you should try to start the laptop from safe mode and if you are able to start the laptop from safe mode. If you are able to start the laptop from safe mode then uninstall the graphic driver from there and after that restart the laptop. I hope this information will be helpful for you and you will be able to detect the exact problem.

Yes you have to first start the laptop from safe mode. If you don’t know how to start the laptop in safe mode then you follow these steps. First of all start the laptop and after that start pressing the F8 key. Now after that your laptop will give you option for safe mode. Now after that select the safe mode option and then check whether you are able to start the laptop. I think you will be able to open the laptop from safe mode. And after that you can reinstall the driver.

There might be something wrong with your operating system installation because of that your laptop is creating the issue. by repairing your operating system you can solve this issue. You can repair your operating system by using your operating system installation CD. After inserting the OS CD in your laptop you have to restart it. Now after that you will get two option of fresh install and repair. Now select the repair option and after that it will solve your problem.

As you have said in your post about starting the laptop in safe mode after that tried same trick and open the laptop in safe mode. Now after that I have tried to uninstall the graphic card driver and install it again but after doing that when I restart the laptop in normal mode again at that time my laptop gave me the same issue. I am still not able to stop this problem. Repairing the windows didn’t make any difference. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this.

If you have created any restore point before installing the driver then I think you can start your laptop in normal mode by restoring your system. If you didn’t get any help by restoring the system then you can also start the laptop in VGA mode. You will get the VGA mode option at the start of laptop with safe mode. After starting the laptop in VGA mode you have to first download the latest graphic card driver which supports in windows 7 and after that install it in your laptop. This trick will surly fix the problem

The restore point which I have created last time in my laptop that doesn’t helped me to fix this problem. After doing that also I am facing the same problem. After that I have tried to start the laptop in VGA mode as you have mentioned and after doing that I have search the latest graphic driver on the internet and then I have downloaded it in my laptop. Now after installing that I am not facing any issue with my laptop. Thank you for giving me this solution.