Thread: Why PhysX Missing in NVIDIA Control Panel?

Why PhysX Missing in NVIDIA Control Panel?

I have uninstalled then again reinstalled the driver for my GeForce 9400 GT. Included in the installer for the driver is the PhysX System Software. I believe I have setup the whole thing correctly because the graphics driver and the physx software is there in the add/remove programs list in control panel, but for several reason the PhysX option under Manage 3D settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel is absent. I have tried to remove then again I install the driver quite a few times and it is not working. That's the only troubleshooting step I have done so far.

Re: Why PhysX Missing in NVIDIA Control Panel?

I had the similar difficulty, mostly from not bothering to use windows update for a while. So update your system (except you have, in which case I have no thought). For me this helped in my windows Vista (professional 64-bit). Not so in XP SP3, 32-bit (on the identical machine), but it works on a different machine with XPSP3, 32-bit. So I'm inexperienced about that really. There’s also a separate download for the phyx driver in the download section you could try. If you still knowledge lagging, possibly you should think about using the older graphics driver again.

Just follow this step.
    1 Locate Nvidia Folder on your system.
    2 find and browse phyx folder.
    3 Right click on PhysX.msi file.
    4 choose repair in the context menu.

I think it’s not compitable with your operating system. Try following things before changing your operating system. Try physX own repair wizard. If it doesn’t work go to ccleaner uninstall the physX software than download physX separate installer wizard from nvidia website than extract the files and open physX installation wizard and install it. Once done than you u can go back to your add/remove program and check if physX software reflect there or not than check whether it reflects in nvidia control panel.

Improved idea to set Windows Update to tell you of available updates and let you decide which ones to download and install while recommended updates the similar as significant ones. Even though the condition has enhanced greatly over the last year-18 months, at times try to load older drivers atop newer ones and really manure with the system settings. It will also at times appropriate a driver that wouldn't fill because of one or a different issue, holding onto it for a later attempt - most typically while you were altering out drivers and it "sees" a chance. By allowing you the choice, you can not only choose out of any nVidia drivers, but right-clicking on them from inside the download list will give you the choice of hiding that particular update and not re-present them during subsequent scans. Microsoft normally makes new updates available on Tuesdays, and I just run a scan every Wednesday or Thursday to keep up-to-date.