Thread: nvidia driver 266.58 installation failed

nvidia driver 266.58 installation failed

I am using windows 7 64-bit operating System. I also downloaded the drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. I tried installing 266.58 driver to run Nsight 1.51 and the installation failed in between without any error message. I am having GeForce 8600 GT and a GeForce GTX460 in my system that is running Windows 7. So I want to know that how can I install this driver?

re: nvidia driver 266.58 installation failed

I was getting the same issue when I was playing my games. My game textures were flickering and drivers were causing multiple crashes, which was lasting till I restart my computer. I dint find any of these issues previously, so I think there must be some issue with the new driver. So I tried finding out many ways to solve this issue but nothing was worth, the only solution that I get to solve is to restart my computer and that fixed my issue.

I think so that there may be some issue with your nvidia drivers. Also on the 64-bit Windows Operating System whether it a Windows 7 or Windows Vista. The error might not occur in the Windows XP where video rendering is improved due to the change in the software architecture in Windows Vista or Windows 7 and Windows XP. Better use the driver that matches your Operating System and is compatible with it rather than upgrading it.

Sometimes, the components or the drivers might cause the problem. You need to remove all the traces of the driver when removing the video driver. You should remove it before installing the new driver. You can use Driver Sweeper to remove the traces of the video drivers before installing or upgrading the new one. As sometimes the old drivers and the new drivers may conflict with each other leading to some or the other problem.

I had tried to contact the support center of nvidia. And I was surprised to hear that they were knowing about this issue. And they said me that beta driver 266.35 beta version that was causing me the issue. They informed me that they are trying to solve this issue, as soon as possible. So I thought of just sticking up with my older version which was 260.99. And after doing so I have not faced any issue. They also said that mew components which were added to these series of drivers had problems in them.

Re: nvidia driver 266.58 installation failed

I had installed this latest version on the day that they released it. I went for some the tests to see that they were working properly and I dint come across any of the issues. I dint expect much from the new release as I thought it could never compete with version 265.90. I don’t want to get any of the problems any more, and I must say that the quality of gaming in the PC was great that was ever seen before by me.