Thread: Having low FPS in nvidia Geforce GTS 450

Having low FPS in nvidia Geforce GTS 450

Last month I brought my new computer and I have a nvidia Geforce GTS 450 video card. I am having 2GB of DDR2 RAM along with i7 processor. But when I play my games, I found that out of 2GB of RAM my 1.75GB of RAM is always full. I have got the new Geforce beta drivers. I also found that my FPS dropped to 23-30 when I play. So is there any way to get this rig out? I have seen many people facing the same issue with the FPS.

Re: Having low FPS in nvidia Geforce GTS 450

If you are having a sun shafts at high then try lowering it or disabling it. The frame rate will be dropped significantly, as video card gets a lot of load when you put the shadow quality on it. So make the make it to 8X as Texture Filtering causes this problem. Make sure that you make the correct settings in it, if you don’t know how to make it then it is requested to take a professionals advice before you make any changes in it.

Have you checked whether you computer specifications are matching up with the video card? See to it that your CPU is not overheated. And also check that there is not more loads in your GPU temperature. Sometimes Power Supply or the GPU can cause performance degradation. So firstly check of all your GPU and CPU temperatures and Power Supply, and the specifications of your system and the video card.

When I was using my camera I was also getting the same issue of lower FPS. Any slight changes in the direction of camera will drop my FPS to 0-10 FPS. And 50-60 on an average I get. I was also having the latest drivers from nvidia but later I heard that by degrading the drivers this issue can be fixed. So, I got my drivers downgraded. As I have heard that some of the latest drivers are having the issue of lowering the FPS.

Even I was getting the issue of getting the lower FPS. I had searched on google for loads and came out with no solution. I just got heard that downgrading the driver will solve the issue, so I tried downgrading it, but I did not get it solved. Finally I was told by my friend that sometimes CPU may cause this issue. So, he suggested me to go to BIOS and close the thermal throttling of the CPU and also have a check on your GPU temperature. You should have a normal of 70C of GPU temperature.