Thread: After enabling the SLI, nvidia drivers are crashing at the boot up

After enabling the SLI, nvidia drivers are crashing at the boot up

Hey guys! I am having 2x EVGA GTX 285 cards installed in my computer. I have got the latest versions of nvidia drivers. The problem I am facing is, whenever I install my nvidia drivers everything goes perfect and I am also able to enable SLI and can play games very well. I have no issue while playing the game. But when I restart my system, I come to see that nvidia driver failed to load and I am supposed to install the drivers again and re-switch the SLI on. It happens every time I restart my machine.

Re: After enabling the SLI, nvidia drivers are crashing at the boot up

As you said that you have an updated driver, so before you update your driver or GPU, see that you don’t have any old driver files on the hard disk is left over. Diver installation has nothing do to with the BSOD. If you see the same issue in the new driver, then try to uninstall the new drive and get your old drive installed in it. As there may be some problem in your new drives that you have purchased it.

Have you got a multi-rail PSU? If you have the multi-rail PSU’s then, on each different rail try GPU to Run and send me the results. You also have to try running it using single GPU if they are working or not. Make your GPU’s setting in such a way that one is for Physx and the other is for rendering to make sure that are they getting crashes. You can also check for other cards, that do they run or not on your system. If they run properly then there might be an issue with your GPU or PSU. If your other cards are also found to be crashing then there might be an issue in your motherboard or you PSU.

You can try a clean install by using some applications like driver sweeper or any of the related applications. Also on the motherboard try to change the positions of your card. You also use another SLI bridge. If you can get the latest beta drivers for your card then try using that. Or it may seem like you may have a bug which is reproducible. If find anything similar to that then try contacting your nvidia support center.

Download the SensorviewPro and run this application. This will help you to keep a track of your voltage and temperatures when you restart your computer. Try to play any stressful games and make a track of the temperatures. I think it would be your Power Supply issue. So with each GPU try to check the Power Supply. If it is working then check with SLI. If you find everything OK then there would be a problem with your motherboard.

Install the Driver Cleaner by downloading it from the site. Before running this application carefully read the instructions given. While running, don’t select the nvidia WDM drivers while cleaning, you select the nvidia clean filter as nvidia WDM drivers are the Operating System. You can remove your drivers from the Add/Remove programs. Run your Driver Cleaner by restarting your system in safe mode after you have uninstalled it device Manager. After that run in a VGA mode. If windows are searching for any of the drivers then cancel them all and stop other applications that are not of Microsoft. Installed the last drive which was working perfectly.