Thread: PNY 8500GT with nvidia drivers are locked by system

PNY 8500GT with nvidia drivers are locked by system

I am having a good home built system, I had a put a new SATA Hard Disk and installed Vista Ultimate 64 bit. My Operating System installed a generic Standard VGA driver for my PNY Verto 8500GT PCI-e card installed. I visited the nvidia website and installed version 266.58 driver. My Pc run very well but when I try to play any video the waiting circle stops after sometime any my system gets locked. I found that the problem goes out if switch to standard VGA mode. As I am not a gamer I am not concerned with the speed but my other stuffs should work properly as it should be working. My system specifications are as follows:
    • Motherboard - Abit AN52
    • CPU -AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 5600+ (2.8Ghz)
    • RAM - 2 Gig OC 800 MHz
    • Graphics - PNY Technology VERTO GeForce 8500GT PCI-e DDR2 512MEG
    • POWER SUPPLY - Thermaltake 650 Watt
    • OS - Vista 64bit Ultimate
    • Display - Princeton L203

Re: PNY 8500GT with nvidia drivers are locked by system

It seems that you are facing the same issue that I was facing once. I was frustrated of what was going out there in my system. I had done lots of research, and tried everything that I could possibly do. All I came out is with no solution. So at last I tried to uninstall all the video drivers and install a new copy of drivers which I had got once. It seemed to work perfectly. The issue was that once I had updated my driver and from then I was unable to play the videos.

According to the knowledge of what I have is that, 8500GT is not for a game if you are a game lover. For gaming you will have to get a paid little more. You can either have an nvidia 8800GT or an ATI HD3870. These cards will provide you with some better performance and speed. But as if you are not concerned with the game then there is not a big issue that you are facing. If you are satisfied with the standard VGA driver then stick on it.

I found that even the older 6800 series are better than these 8500 GT. There is no doubt that 6800 can clear the floor to do a better than these 8500GT. If you can spend some money for your video cards then try to buying some other. As I have heard from many that these 850GT cards have a lot of issues. If you want your system to run normally as it is, then better have those drivers that you have mentioned will play for you.

There is nothing to blame on PNY. As we all know that these cards are not actually made for playing games. These cards are made for dual monitors. So instead of trying to update your driver, try downgrading it, as it can be sometime useful. So better don’t upgrade your driver and instead use the only driver that your vista is installing, as it will be sure that they can play videos without any interrupts as they have built in it.