Thread: Why CUDA Driver installation failed with NVIDIA card in my Sony Laptop?

idea Why CUDA Driver installation failed with NVIDIA card in my Sony Laptop?

Hello Everyone, I am facing a serious problem with installation of my CUDA driver with Nvidia card for my Sony VGN-AW41ZF/B, so I am just posting the posting he problem faced by me during installation. I have a Sony laptop i.e., VGN-AW41ZF/B . and whenever I tried to install CUDA Toolkit 4.0 driver and Notebook developer drivers for the Windows Vista and Windows 7 , I always use to get a error message that “the graphics drivers couldn’t able to search for the compatible graphic hardware” and all comes to end here. So what the exact problem is this ? does anyone have any idea about this. please help!!

Re: Why CUDA Driver installation failed with NVIDIA card in my Sony Laptop?

Hey there you said that the you have NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphic card, exactly what is the matter here is that, the graphic is build up by the NVIDIA for Sony so the driver of sony will be compatible with your CUDA, company doesn’t matter the configuration for the device matter for the compatibility, so check whether your CUDA is compatible with your sony laptop if yes than try the CUDA toolkit for installing it. This might help you to know where exactly your problem is emerging than further I can help you, if I will be aware about the accurate difficulty.

Hello dude, you are using Notebooks supporting with the hybrid technology that also with Intel chip-sets, as I must aware you about this that your Sony VGN-AW41ZF/B is not compatible with this version. You must be equipped with the information that an Sony VAIO notebooks are support with: Sony VAIO F Series including NVIDIA GeForce 310M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M and also with NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M. And excluding this any else Sony VAIO notebooks are not compatible with Sony laptop. As per my knowledge and information I can suggest and gives this information. Or just wait a while for any other expert who might have much better knowledge about this.

Hey I had checkout on Net and there is a good news for you, driver for your Sony is available but for that you have to uninstall the older one, if you had any on your system, and while installing please try to keep your antivirus disable as recommended by Software developer, just for the safety or for avoiding any errors. Just search on Google for compatibility of your sony and NVIDIA driver version and install it without any interference and keep other application close during this. This are basic precautions that you have to do while installing most of the software.

Hey hello, as above mention that Sony VAIO notebooks are compatible with certain series of NVIDA and even Fujitsu notebooks are not compatible with this series , but Fujitsu Siemens notebooks are perfectly ok with this series, So I going now for other Notebooks will not be a smarter step as per me so, check out and contact the developer through trouble shooting in help and supports sessions and they might send you the supportive version for your Sony VGN-AW41ZF/B, that may lead to end of this error.