Thread: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS unable to update PhysX

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS unable to update PhysX

I am using Asus M50VM laptop in which NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS is installed. It is great experience to play game with this laptop. all the things were working fine. Some days before I have downloaded the latest graphic driver v267.76 in my laptop and after that when I tried to install it at that time I was not able to install it. After that I have tried to install the driver without selecting the PhysX Software update and after that driver gets installed successfully. Now after doing that when I tried to update the PhysX at that time I am not able to do that. Please help me with this.

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS unable to update PhysX

You can solve this problem by doing following steps. First of all you have to uninstall the drivers which you have installed in your laptop and after that restart the laptop and the double click on the driver installation file in your laptop and then again try to install the driver. Make sure that you checked the PhysX Software update option. I think after doing that you will not get any issues with your drivers. Sometime due to temporary files our system fails to install the drivers and then we have to delete the temporary files to fix that.

As far as I know you can do the PhysX Software update individually also and that is why I would like to tell you that first remove the installed driver from your laptop and after doing that only update the PhysX Software and then restart the laptop. Now after doing that install the latest driver which you have downloaded from internet. I hope after doing that you will not get any issues. You can download the PhsyX update from nVidia official site.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem with my laptop and after that I have successfully updated all the drivers in my laptop. what I have did is first I have installed the updated graphic driver without selecting the PhsyX software update and after that I have downloaded that PhysX System Software and install it in my system. Now all the things are working perfectly. You can download the PhysX System Software by clicking here DOWNLOAD.

After reading your above post I have tried to install the diver after deleting the temporary files from my laptop but that trick didn’t worked for me. Now after that I have also removed the PhysX software from my laptop and after that i installed the driver successfully but when I tried to install the PhsyX again at that time it started giving me problem and I was not able to install the PhsyX software. I also tried to solve the problem by downloading the PhysX System Software from your given link but that gave me a same problem.

There might be something wrong with your driver installation file and that is why you should try to install the old drivers again in your laptop and after that check that PhsyX is giving any problem or not? I think with old driver you will not get any problem. Now after that download the latest driver again in your laptop and also make sure that driver installation file which you have downloaded is not broken and it is downloaded completely. Now install that driver in your laptop.

I have checked whether mu installation file is broken or not and after that also I have downloaded the new installation file from the internet. Now after downloading that when I installed it in computer at that time PhsyX didn’t give me any problem. When I installed the driver along with PhsyX update at that time it doesn’t give me any error. Now I am very happy that all the things are working perfectly. Thank you so much for all the help and support.