Thread: Not able to disable Physx

Not able to disable Physx

Hey guys I am lot dedicated to games. I like to play all the games which are available in market. For a better gaming experience I brought a new graphics card for my computer. I brought an nvidia graphic card few months before. Till now I did not find any problem with my graphic card. After a long time I thought of updating my driver, so last week I updated my driver and found that there is no “Enable/Disable Physx” option, it seems that they might have removed it from the nvidia Control Panel. They have replaced it with “Select Physx Processor” option. So, do I have any other option to disable Physx as it was possible in older driver?

Re: Not able to disable Physx

I think these issues were found in the older graphics card, someone like 8800 series. As from GPU some of the processing power is taken by Physx. That made to lower down the performance. But I don’t think that it might be an issue with the newer cards, as it has limited the CPU, in some cards like GTX285 as the game does not take use of full card. Since the newer card has enough processing power that makes no difference to run the Physx.

I would like to know about that, which version Physx driver you are talking about. I think that sometimes drivers may vary depending on your system’s set-up. Which Operating System are you using? Is it Windows XP or Windows 7? As the Operating System you are using has a lot to do with the drivers that you are using. so try to get the exact drivers that are compatible with your Operating System whether it is for Windows XP or Windows 7.

I think Enabling or Disabling Physx does not make any difference as I am using my 8800 GTS 320MB. If you disable the Physx, your frame rate will be lowered, so I think there is no use of disabling it, until your processor or your graphics card is awesome. Graphics card is used to increase your physical processing and for making it better. My friend is having Intel Core 2 Duo processor of 2.5GHz and he says that his 8600M GT makes physics calculation much faster than his processor.

I am having 64 bit Windows 7 Operating System. And I have got the nvidia latest drivers of 258.96 version. I see that I have got only three options in my nvidia control panel. They are CPU, GPU and Auto option are available under my Physx options. And I don’t find disable option in it. For 3 times I have uninstalled and installed the drivers, but every time I get the results as same. From google I found out that they have removed this option in these drivers.

I was having the same issue with my nvidia control panel that was not displaying this option, so I reinstalled the drivers and it worked for me. I don’t think so that you can disable your Physx. Also it does not make much of difference in the performance. If want to do so then you can do by going into the Physx option and then select CPU and make GPU acceleration disabled. That is how you can do it, as it worked for me.