Thread: Recently Purchased MSI N570GTX TWIN FROZR II/OC

Recently Purchased MSI N570GTX TWIN FROZR II/OC

Recently I bought MSI N570GTX TWIN FROZR II/OC graphics card. The fact is that i have some balanced output, i mean, for instance when I'm playing counter strike with 120 HZ frequency i have some troubles it shows 100 fps, but there's some troubles with frames, like system need more performance. When I’m trying to play with 100 HZ frequency - there's like some effect on the screen, some wave is coming on my screen .so in the both situations my in game picture is unbalanced, do anybody know which problem it could be? I've tried to install quite a few of drivers, reinstall operating system - it's not working...

Re: Recently Purchased MSI N570GTX TWIN FROZR II/OC

This is not normal screen problem where display can’t keep up with number of frames. Try with another monitor or with another game. Test the vga in another pc and see how it goes there or retest with different video cards. If not call the reseller and tell him if he can check this issue. If card is not proper than reseller will send it for replacement and you will get new card .But it takes time for replacement .If its ok than try updating your card to latest driver.

Have you ever heard a 1200rpm 120mm fan? Can you call it quiet? In my opinion I can't do it, at all. anyhow, the MSI TwinFrozr II gives approximately 24dB at gaming load for the GTX 560Ti, and approximately 29dB at gaming load for the GTX 580 (with both around 30-31dB under FurMark). I estimate their GTX 570 might stay in between, while at inactive it might perform 2-3dB quieter than the reference design: but also note that while the GTX 580 is noticeably quieter than Nvidia's reference design, the GTX 560Ti is not so (the reference design is up to 7dB quieter at load).

Clearly you may try to tune fans profile using MSI Afterburner. That’s pretty good -anything around 25-27db under load is not terrible at all. The GTX 570 should be more similar to the GTX 580 than to the GTX 560 Ti, so I think if in case 28-29dB must be more likely than a 25dB mark. Afterburner may assist to game a bit more quietly, but take also note than currently most of 570s goes in the 31-37dB range at peak load, a really uncomfortable level.

I had the GTX 580 TF that I return for some crashing issues. Actually on the MSI forums, there is a BIOS update that resolves lower fan speed setting. Previously least fan setting, the Frozr was certainly quieter than reference GTX 580 or 6970 cards I tried at idle. It was easy to hear and the loudest thing in my case, though. With a decrease in the minimum, I think it will be barely audible in a superior case that doesn't have vents at head level. At a gaming load, it will still ramp up to a reserved volume. The card I have now, the Asus 580 Direct CU, is louder at idle. On the plus side, I can keep it manually at the minimum fan speed and the temperature don't go beyond the mid 60s, even with the worst gaming load I tried on either card ( not actually demanding game). That's about 10C cooler than the Twin Frozr, even allowing it to incline up to higher RPMs on a fan profile.