Thread: Driver giving update error in MSI n460GTX

Driver giving update error in MSI n460GTX

Hello friends I am using a computer In which I am using MSI n460GTX Hawk graphic card. My graphic card is working properly and It didn’t give any problem yet. Now before some days I tried to update my graphic card but at that time I am not able to update my graphic card driver and it is giving me driver update error. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this problem. Is there anyone who is having solution for this problem then please help me with it.

Re: Driver giving update error in MSI n460GTX

I have read your problem and after reading that first I would like to suggest you that try to update the driver by removing the graphic card and connecting it again. First remove the graphic card from your computer and after that start the computer and uninstall the driver which is already installed. Now after doing that shut down the computer and connects the graphic card again. Now after connecting it start the computer and then your system will ask you to install the driver at that time install the updated driver and then you will not get any issues.

I have referred your problem and I think you have to first check that the new driver which you have downloaded from internet is completely downloaded and that driver file is not broken because if your driver installation file is not completely downloaded then you will not able to install the update driver that is why first check that and if possible download that driver again and after that try to install it. I hope this idea will fix your issue. If you want to know anything more than please help me.

I think you are facing this problem because your operating system is not supporting your driver, it means the driver which you have downloaded is not compatible with your operating system. That is why I would like to tell you that just click here DRIVERS. Now after clicking here select your operating system and after that download the driver and then install it in your computer. After doing that try to update the driver. I think after doing this you will not get any issues with your driver update. I hope this solution will fix your issues.

I have read your above solutions and after that I tried to update the driver by removing graphic card and then inserting it again but that idea didn’t worked for me. There is no driver update installation file is available on internet and I have to update the driver through my NVIDIA control panel only so there is no chance of broken files. I also tried your given link but that doesn’t help me to and I get the same problem again. Is there any more suggestion then please give me.

I think you should try to fix this problem by doing following tricks. According to me you are facing this problem because of SLI and that is why I will advise you to first de-activate SLI and after doing that try to update the driver. Sometimes if SLI is turned at that time our system will not be able to update the driver, so just try this trick and then check whether you are able to update the driver or not? if you still facing the same issue then let me know.

As you have suggested in your post I have de activate the SLI in my system and after that as you have said your post I have tried to update the driver. After de activating the SLI my driver update didn’t give me any error and it has updated successfully. Now all the things are working perfectly. Your given ideas really worked for me and it has fixed my problem. Thank you so much for all the help and information provided by you. I appreciate your help.