Thread: In SLI mode games crashes and then get beeps

In SLI mode games crashes and then get beeps

I am having MSI nf980-g65 motherboard and 2 Geforce GTX 460 graphic cards. I usually play games on my computer. Nowadays I am having certain problem with my computer. When I play games in SLI mode then that game gets crashes. I have tried with other games and same thing happens with many games. Even sometimes after game crash I get weird beep sound from speakers. So have anyone faced through this kind of problems, if so please help regarding the same.

Re: In SLI mode games crashes and then get beeps

I have observed many users facing such kind of SLI problems on their computers while playing games in SLI mode. So if the game crashes using SLI mode then you must check for the game settings. The SLI mode works fine with some games having optimal resolution, even full screen. So do check for these settings for the game that you want to play using SLI mode. Even you should use an appropriate DirectX version on your computer in order to work with SLI.

It is recommended that you use correct DirectX driver, if you have just installed new one and causing this problem then you should revert to an older one because this probably would help you in playing games in SLI mode. As you are using two video cards then I guess this might be a reason for this. So first check that each card is working by plugging it at a time. Also you should ensure that both these cards are installed properly on PCI – E slot of motherboard.

I have read that this problem is cause due to power supply unit. So I guess you are not having a proper watt PSU and it is not able to supply the needed power. It is recommended to have higher watt PSU which is compatible with every GPU. Else you may try new PSU so that it would provide you with needed power and possibly game play in SLI also. You also need to check the PCI –E slot and even confirm that these slots are working. It is possible that GPU are working but slots have gone faulty.

You should examine the beep sound which you are getting after game crash. As these sound would help you in detecting any hardware problem from your computer. I guess you need to enable SLI from BIOS, so go to BIOS and find for that option and turn it ON. It may also be an overheating issue with your system so you just keep your system cool, by adding extra fans in cabinet or using some thermal paste or just by keeping the computer case open so that heat generated could be removed soon.

I suggest you to update the drivers of your graphic cards. So go to nVidia website and install the updated one on your computer. Then after try to swap your graphic card on PCI-E slot and check whether it works. Also enable SLI in nVidia control panel. There might be a case where one of your GPU is not functioning, so check for it also and the last thing I can recommend is that try to control the temperature of your computer by having some cooling device in it.