Thread: no sound after installing the new asus gtx 460 graphics card

no sound after installing the new asus gtx 460 graphics card

hi ya i'm a newbe..so i thought i better intro myself ..plus i have a few probs that need sorting out

re: no sound after installing the new asus gtx 460 graphics card

hi prob..fitted a new asus gtx 460 graphics card and a power supply now i have lost all sound from 5.1 speakers and my realtek hd audio manager seem to have vanished..? the graphics card has 2 dvi and one hdmi oututs and the sound appears to be routed through the hdmi output whitch i'm not using. how do i change it back to my sound card speakers

you can solve your issue by resetting your speakers as deafult audio playback device and after that your issue will get solved. to do this first make click on the start and after that select the control panel. now on the control panle go to the Hardware and Sound. now here on the Sound Panel make click on the Speaker icon and after that make it "set as default".

hi thanks for your help i tried that no good ..tried unistaling the drivers in device manager and downloading the original drivers for the on board sound card from the manufacturer...no good basically tried everything.... ....AND finally i got sound back by going into the bios and finding the onboard sound device whitch was set to AUTO changed it to ENABLED...and hey presto in works got lovely sound again
    The driver from NAVIDIA...275.33

HDMI supports audio video both. If you dont want to use the onboard audio then You have to plug in additional cable in your asus gtx 460 from mobo, to make it able to give sound through hdmi output. You can also use the mini-hdmi on my gtc 460 and it works fine, getting both sound and video. Hope that gives you an extra idea.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly