Thread: Setting up 3 Monitors with one ATI Radeon HD 5850

Setting up 3 Monitors with one ATI Radeon HD 5850

I have a small problem that’s why I am here for seeking some help from you all guys; please help me out sorting out my problems. I have ATI Radeon HD 5850 Graphics and I want to set up 3 monitors to it. I purchased ATI Radeon HD 5850 Graphics for this purpose only but when I try to enable the 3rd monitor, I encounter the error. So can anyone figure it out what’s the exact matter? Please help me, replies would be highly appreciated.

Re: Setting up 3 Monitors with one ATI Radeon HD 5850

Everyone who has this problem I have a solution for you hope it helps you. Try this out and if this does not work than do let me know again. Remember there a solution for each and every problem in the world, so do not panic and here is the solution for your question. If you want to use 3 monitor with one single card, then you need to use both your DVI ports along with this the Display port must also be used. Remember that Display port must be with an active display port adapter if you use a passive display port adapter it will mean that you can use only 2 monitors at a time.

Above given solution has hope fully solved your problems. If not than here is the way to get it done. This solution can cost a bit to you, so if you are ready to expend some money than this will help you. You could SLI/Crossfire and use 3 monitor. I am suggesting you this because Crossfire and hybrid SLI systems permits the use of different cards, but this will also depend on its other factors such as their bus type, age and model

Hey did you know that DP to DVI is digital to digital so there requires no conversions. But when you need DP to VGA there is a conversion to analogue needed. So I would suggest that go and purchase DP to VGA converter and try that out, it may help you. Once you have an extended desktop setup in the windows display properties you then need to re install the ATI drivers and then give one rebooted. Hope this trick help you in some way or the other and help you in achieving you goal. Good luck.

Hey my friend I also have HD 5850 and I also faced the same issue as you were. But now I have solved it and my all three monitor are working fine. I have step up my monitor in the following pattern 2 monitors are on the DVI ports on the monitor to 2x DVI ports on the card and 1 monitor is on the Displayport port on the monitor to the Displayport port on the card