Thread: Need suggestions on low profile graphic card for HP dc5100

Need suggestions on low profile graphic card for HP dc5100

Nowadays I am planning to buy a brand new graphic card for my HP dc5100 desktop computer. As there are varieties of graphic cards available in the market so I don’t know which card will be best for my computer? I would tell you what configuration my computer is having. The first thing is that it is having low profile PCI, then Intel Pentium processor, DDR2 RAM, SATA hard disk, as well as windows XP professional as my operating system. So accordingly provide suggestions for an appropriate which graphic card that I should buy.

Re: Need suggestions on low profile graphic card for HP dc5100

I had a look at your query as well as your computer configuration and I found that your system supports low profile graphic cards. As far as I know these cards are now no longer been used by us and if you look around to buy such cards then these are the cards which are found much rarer than the present regular cards. Also anyhow you managed to buy such graphic cards then you won’t be getting good performance and this would also force you think a bad purchase ahead.

See here I guess everyone would recommend you to don’t go for these low profile graphic cards. So listening to them if you try to have some better graphic card then it would also give a problem to your system. Because if you plug in any incompatible graphic card then it, may damage both motherboard as well as graphic card. The best thing I can recommend is that you upgrade your motherboard and then have some better graphic card for that board.

I would also suggest you the same that perform system up gradation so that you could have better configuration and thus also the better visual graphics on your system. You need to keep in mind that only motherboard up gradation won’t work here because If you do only that and then have some better graphic card then you might not get the perfect graphics on your system. This is because some graphic cards require more power in order to provide desire output so even try to upgrade the PSU also check for how much watt it supplies and how much card requires.

Exactly I was even shocked that nowadays you are looking for the low profile graphic card. The main thing is that your motherboard only supports PCI cards and at least as compared to current technology you should go with PCI express cards. So I guess it would not be worth buying the cards which you are asking for. Even if you want then I have one graphic card in my mind which is compatible with your board. It is HIS 5450 and it provides you with only 512 MB of graphic memory.

I would also recommend the same because if you get a low profile graphic card then I would say that it would be a waste of money from your side. This is because it will have low specifications and thus will perhaps hardly run anything that you want and also not up to the mark that you need. Also then you would think to upgrade after its purchase so have this now only. I know it would cost you much, but I suggest you to have a onetime better investment and then even enjoy the same.

I would suggest you to buy a new system because the current system seems outdated and at the same instance if you go for buying any AGP graphic card that will be very costly as measure up to to current graphic card, in that case at the present time there are many motherboard which has built-in graphic card and I guess they will come in your budget too. So take appropriate decision and then go for upgrade process having a better support of graphic card.