Thread: Want to upgrade graphic card from NVidia 9400gt to NVidia GTS 250

Want to upgrade graphic card from NVidia 9400gt to NVidia GTS 250

I am having an average computer system. I am been using this system from few years. I don’t have any hardware problem with my computer so no issues related to it. I am just thinking to upgrade my graphic card to a newer one, hopefully I guess to NVidia GTS 250. I am having dual core processor and on this system I am using NVidia 6400gt graphic card, but I am having doubt that will this card work on my dual core processor or it requires quad core processor to work.

Re: Want to upgrade graphic card from NVidia 9400gt to NVidia GTS 250

I have gone through entire specifications and found that the graphic card that you want to have for your system would work on the dual core processor also. So I guess you should upgrade the graphic card and then have a better graphics for your system. The main thing you would find nice about this card is that you would be able to get HD pure video experience. So the graphic which you enjoyed before would be lost and you would truly have something better with it.

There is no need to worry regarding the up gradation because after seeing all the things I found that the selected graphic card is fully compatible with your system. You would have better resolution for your system. I would provide you with some other information also so that you could know that at what particular things we should look while upgrading. The important thing is that the graphic card should have a compatible slot with the motherboard. In your case you would be having PCI –E slot.

One more thing to be noted while upgrading is that you should look for the better power supply. I have found that people buy the graphic card without knowing the important thing. It should be noted that the graphic card acquires a certain power from power supply unit so that it can provide you with better performance. Nowadays some cards requires high watt power in order to provide high quality HD. So in your case I have found out that that this card would be compatible with your system and hence you could use it with no doubts.

I would like you to provide some advice regarding this. The first thing is that after up gradation more amount of heat would be generated inside the computer. So for that I recommend you to have some extra cooler also for your system so that in the end you will have a perfect working system with no problems ahead. You should also look at the manual of this hardware provided to you at the time of its purchase so that you do all these things stepwise.

All things seem to be fine with your hardware devices. As all of them here recommended the same and even I found out the same and you could use this graphic card on your computer system with no problem. The hardware requirements are exactly matching as well as compatible. There is not a much difference between these both two graphic cards just having added features in a newer one and also support of blu-ray video playback.

Well thanks a lot all of you for giving such a quicker replies. It was actually unexpected for me, but really your views matters me a lot and have understood the same. Yes there is not much difference among these cards, but yes it is having a added features, advance graphics, as well as it consumes less power so that would really help me as my system is turned on for many hours as I play lots of games on it. So I would go tomorrow instead and would have that for my system.