Thread: Constant crashes of NV4_DISP with nvidia Quadro NVS 290 card

Constant crashes of NV4_DISP with nvidia Quadro NVS 290 card

I hope you all have read the title well after doing so many rounds of the nvidia forums to get some solution for it I was unable to get any help from there so that’s why I have come here to seek some help from you all I hope you will answer out the query for me, well I get NV4_DISP crashes in whatever work I do with my system no matter if it is a small work of extracting files or watching some videos my system just gives a NV4_DISP error every time I want to do something so do you all have any solution for the same can you all please tell me. I need some quick solutions on it.

Re: Constant crashes of NV4_DISP with nvidia Quadro NVS 290 card

Just a simple question that I would like to ask are you using multiple monitors for your system if that is the case then do let me know about it as soon as possible because I think that can be the main cause of the problem here, so do let me know as soon as possible ok. One more thing that I would like to add here is that just try and ensure that you have the necessary drivers for your card make sure that the firmware of you7r card is updated, so make sure these small things are taken care f and you will be able to solve out the problem so that’s what I want to say here hope you have got the necessary suggestions on the topic.

Yes you are absolutely correct well I am using multiple monitors in my system two monitors are connected to one cpu so what happened I am using the equally powerful graphic card for it so I don’t think so that can be the issue here so if you are able to get some other solutions for t he problem then do get back to me as soon as possible. See my card is updated no issues there, I think there must be some problem with the ram or something else, so what do you all have to say here?

Well if it’s the case of multiple monitor then let me tell you that are you having the NVIDIA nView multi-display software? If you haven’t then probably that’s the biggest mistake that you have committed here so you need to ensure that you have a look at the software so that’s what I want to say here, of course if the card is updated but it is not having the necessary driver for the multiple monitors then what’s the use of that card so I suppose you are understanding what I am trying to say here.

Like, no one is talking of the psu have you checked the psu of the system so do take a note of that as well if you are using the double monitors then you will have to be very much careful of the necessary pos u that is required for the system so that’s what you need to take care of, alos check out the bios settings for onboard/pci/pci-e as well so that you can adjust something from there also, these are some of the small things that you need to take care of I hope that helps you in this situation, so that’s what I am trying to say here.

Ok thanks for all the suggestions and the support that you have shown here yes I will look at the bios settings in case if nothing is working out for me then I will better settle with the new graphic card and will bid a farewell to the existing one, over here so that’s what I am trying to say here expecting that atleast it will give out the solutions for me so i am waiting for it lets hope that solves out the issues for us, so thanks a lot everyone for all the recommendations that you have given here.