Thread: Distorted Display on Monitor

Distorted Display on Monitor

Hello! I've started having problems with display on my monitor. The image is distorted since booting and is not being refresh: the distortion keeps "accumulating" on the screen. Here's a picture of the display on my monitor:
    http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9143/02062011072.jpg

The computer boots into windows but the display remains stuck and doesn't refresh from the picture I gave above.

The monitor is OK since I've tested it by using my laptop. But, I've previously had problems with my video card (Geforce 8500GT 256MB) and they were resolved after I un-slotted and then re-slotted it. Do you think the problem is with the video card itself?

Re: Distorted Display on Monitor

In many cases, especially at what time the monitor is blurred or color channel becomes too dominant, a monitor is not at fault and possibly will need to be replaced. Ensure VGA/DVI-I monitor cable on the way to ensure that no pins are twist or broken. Make sure the video connection within the computer container is tight and protected. Degauss the monitor with the On Screen Display (OSD) menu with the routing buttons on top of the monitor casing. Authenticate no magnetic devices which possibly will cause distortion are shut to the monitor. Make sure the video card is appropriately seated, removing it and reseating it if within doubt. Take defensive measures alongside Electro Static Discharge. Install monitor drivers to be capable to unlock (or select) the optimal refresh rate used for every resolution available for your monitor. Monitor drivers is able to be acquire from the company.

ThumbsUp Re: Distorted Display on Monitor

It was the graphics card itself. I placed a new one and it's working fine now.