Thread: Unable to boot computer with Graphics Power Supply Connected

Unable to boot computer with Graphics Power Supply Connected

I am using Dell XPS420 in which I am using an Nvidia 8800GT graphic card and I have installed windows 7 in my computer. Before that I was using windows vista in my computer. Now from last two days I am facing one problem with my computer. From last two days my computer is not booting up. The front power light is turning on and both fans are running properly, but monitor stayed in standby mode. Now whenever I remove power supply from mu graphic card disconnecting it from motherboard of computer at that time it will boot up normally. Please tell me what I should do to fix this issue.

Re: Unable to boot computer with Graphics Power Supply Connected

It looking like motherboard issue and that is why I would like to suggest you to connect your graphic card with any other compatible motherboard. You are not required to install it completely. After connecting your graphic card with another computer you only have to check that is that computer is booting properly or not? if is booting properly then I think there is something wrong with your motherboard. First check that so you can get idea about exact problem.

As you have mentioned in your post that after removing the power supply of graphic card you are able to boot the computer normally then I think you should repair your graphic card by giving it to any repair shop and after doing that try to use your graphic card again. I think after doing that you will be able to use the graphic card again with your laptop. I hope after ding this you will not get this kind of problem with your graphic card and your computer.

I think this is not the motherboard issue but it is basically problem of the graphic card failure. This kind symptom normally comes only when graphic card is going to dead. That is why I will suggest you to purchase any new graphic card which is best for your CPU and after that enjoy the games. If you want to confirm the problem before buying new card then I think you can check it by connecting other card on your motherboard. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

I think you can try this trick to fix your issue. First you have to download the BIOS update from internet and after that install it properly. Make sure that the BIOS update which you have installed is matching with your system and after that remove the graphic card from your computer and after that turn on the computer and check whether it is working properly or not after that connect the graphic card again with your laptop and then check whether your computer is booting properly or not?

I have gone through your issue and if you are still having the problem with your computer after trying the above tricks then I think you should contact the DELL service center and there you have to tell your problem and after that they will fix the problem and make your computer work again normal. I hope this information will help you to fix your issue and you will be able to solve this as soon as possible. If you have any more doubts then please let me know.

After reading your post I have tried to solve the problem by downloading the BIOS update after that I installed the BIOS update in my system but that idea didn’t make any difference for me. After that I visit the DELL service center and then I discussed my problem and after that I get the solution and fixed my problem. Now all the things are working perfectly. Thank you so much for giving me this useful information and helping me. I appreciate your help.