Thread: Looking for Intel HD 2000 IGP Drivers for Linux

Looking for Intel HD 2000 IGP Drivers for Linux

I have purchased a Sony laptop this month. It is very awesome laptop. It has good configuration laptop. It processor is Intel core i5. It’s look is amazing. I like it too much this laptop. But last Sunday I had formatted this laptop. When I had purchased this laptop them I got with windows seven. But now I want to use the Linux operating system and I have installed in this laptop. But I have problem with this laptop. I don’t have the Linux Driver for graphics card. I think in this laptop Intel HD 2000 IGP graphic card is enable. Please tell me where can I get the Linux driver for this graphic card?

Re: Looking for Intel HD 2000 IGP Drivers for Linux

I would like to tell you about the Linux driver. This is a very simple for downloading. You can download the on the internet. First of all you will go on Google and the you will write the just like this” free+download+ Intel HD 2000 IGP+Drivers+Linux”. And then click enter. Then after you will get related links. Before downloading you should check the again your laptop graphic card modal. I am sure you will get the right link through this searching. All the best.

Well, if you don’t have the Linux driver. Then you can download from the net. On the net everything is available. You can get easily. But I want to suggest you that when you will search on the net the make sure don’t confuse there. Because there is lots of links for downloading. You will download according your laptop modal. Don’t another option is if you are using the Ubuntu then you will go direct on Ubuntu site. There you will see the search option you can search the driver according your laptop modal.

As I know about the graphics card I can only say that my HD2000 with the open source driver download very well with compiz and flash and I have used HD videos full screen on my 15:10 1920x1200 monitor (evidently with black bars top and bottom) without any issue. I want that you will go on the Wikipedia via Google. Then you will see there that the explain very well according your problem. Don’t worry Linux driver is open source. So you can download without pay.

The last expose is almost certainly most significant to getting your graphics working very well. The basic idea of it is that Intel graphics on Sandy Bridge systems would not 'just work' until Ubuntu 11, Fedora 15, etc. You can compile the suitable version of the kernel, MESA, etc. into ubuntu 10.10. I was telling you about the Sony sandybrigde laptop. Because I am not getting the Sony’s which type of modal you are using. But your main problem where you can get the Linux driver for your system? You can easily get from the ubuntu site without any pay. Just you will some registration formality. Then you can get the divers.

I have also same problem. I have tried too many sites for downloading the drivers. But I couldn’t get the driver. But I don’t have much idea about searching. I had told with my friend about this. I have posted same question on many forums. I hope I’ll get the right link for the downloading the driver. I read on a forum there will given some link but the link was fake. If anyone knows the solution of this problem then gives me the right link. It is very necessary for me. If I’ll get the right link then I’ll post here. But still I’m trying.

You are utilizing the without charge driver not the proprietary fglrx driver.It’s not extraordinary since installing from the Mandriva Linux Free 2010.2 it would not have it on the disk and the gallium3d driver is not the default for newer cards. Nor are the non-free reflect allowed by default. You can go the Google. You can see there lot’s link related this problem. But I want to tell you that once I have seen better answer on the Wikipedia. So I want to suggest you that you should also visit the Wikipedia.