Thread: My Nvidia 8400GS not working properly with my Intel Core Quad 1GB ram

My Nvidia 8400GS not working properly with my Intel Core Quad 1GB ram

I have a HP Desktop with an ATI onboard graphics and ASUS 8400gs 512mb. We had followed the instructions in the given box and when I turn on my PC nothing happens to it. And I get the HP logo with the F1. Will anyone recommend me exactly that I do for it…??? NVidia gs8400 isn't working properly. I m running the Intel Core Quad 1GB ram the card used to be 1 GB 200GB hard drive plus another 50GB for the windows firmware my friends were dusting my pc's from inside and when we put it back, it had many issues and that time it use to beep 3 times and shutdown. We had solved this problem but my nvidia would not get detected at that time and now it’s reduced to a 256 onboard VGA please… help me out!!!!!!!

Re: My Nvidia 8400GS not working properly with my Intel Core Quad 1GB ram

Here are the 2 things we can try. Another video card, if it doesn’t works, then replace the card. Otherwise replace the motherboard. Either another thing would be is that your card or your PCIe Slot has got damaged. You don't "dust" inside a PC; at the most you may be able to use a data vacuum if it's really bad, or compressed air.

Here you cannot locate the actual slots which would get scheduled in device manager. PCI-E bus is that come into view in to that. Would you ever before tried to put out of action the on-board VGA setting to Primary VGA Adapter to PCI-Express in BIOS? And if so, unless you have an additional card to try in the PCI-E x16 slot, there's no way of knowing if the slot was damaged. Similarly, you do not be familiar with if the card was damaged unless you be able to try another PCI-E video card in that system, or try your card in another system and see if it works.

In this circumstances when we are using a graphics card in a system that,it has an on-board VGA, so you should still carry out the steps in the BIOS that I explain you before. And I would still endeavor that now with only the video card connected to the monitor. Sorry I wasn't quite subsequent your description of your problem. It just wasn't clear to me if the issue was happening while trying to POST the system, while in Windows, or a combination of both. To be honest, I'm still not 100% confident which it is.

I have faithfully the same thing going on. I was told to remove the card, start up. When the blue HP screen come on, hit F1 to go to setup, and then go to superior. Make sure the Primary Graphics Adaptor is set on PCIe. Mine was and is set on PCIe and it still does what you describe when I put the card in. a person must know how and why this is happening and how to fix it?

I should have acquired the ATI first but the 8400GS was on sale. Hope your install was as easy as mine was. Which has occurred to, my PC I have 2 hard drives, 2 fans, onboard graphics and reverberation and a DVD writer. USB has 2 printers associated. Mine is a Pavilion a1473w. It has a 300 watt power supply. Today I was told it could be moreover the power supply or a chipset difference with the ATI onboard graphics. I don't know if I should just return this one or buy a more controlling PSU.