Thread: Screen goes dark in sony VGC LS30E

Screen goes dark in sony VGC LS30E

I am using Sony VGC LS30E all in one desktop pc in which I am using windows vista operating system. This is a very nice and portable desktop. Normally I use my Sony VGC LS30E for watching movies and playing games only. From last week I am facing one annoying problem with my desktop screen. Whenever I turn on my computer at that time my monitor start normally and it remains visible for moment and after that it gets very dark and after that I will not able to see anything please tell me what should I do to fix this issue.

Re: Screen goes dark in sony VGC LS30E

I have gone through your post and after reading your post I would like to suggest you that first check your all the connection of your desktop. Make sure all the cables are connected properly at the right place and after that check whether same problem is coming or not? If you are getting the same problem then I think there something wrong with your connection of your screen. If you didn’t find any problem after that then I think there is loose connection of cables.

I have gone through your issue and I think there is something wrong with your monitor setting. I would like to tell you that you should try to solve this problem by resetting you monitor setting. I was also facing the similar kind of problem and after that I have reset my monitor setting after that I was not facing this problem again with monitor. I think you should also try this trick to solve your issue and I think after doing that you will not face this issue with your desktop.

As far as I know the Sony VGC LS30E is having the internal structure same as laptop. In your system your monitor is powered with AC voltage and mainboard of your system is powered with DC voltage that is why it needs power inverter to light up your monitor properly. I think your power inverter of your monitor is failed and that is why your screen goes dark. If you want to repair your screen then you will need replace this part 1-4438-891-1 INVERTER. After that screen works normally.

As you have said in your post that one of my internal part is corrupted and I have change inerter, after reading that I went to service center and I asked about my issue and they also said me same thing. After that they replaced the part and now my screen is working perfectly. Now I am not facing that issue with my screen. Your given information really worked for me. Thank you so much for your reply and information. I really appreciate your help.