Thread: Unable to connect Sony Vaio VPCEB17FXG with TV through HDMI

Unable to connect Sony Vaio VPCEB17FXG with TV through HDMI

I am using Sony Vaio VPCEB17FXG laptop in which I was using windows vista operating system. Before one week I have installed the windows 7 in my Sony Vaio VPCEB17FXG. When I was using windows vista at that time I was able to connect my Panasonic TV with my Sony Vaio VPCEB17FXG laptop through HDMI cable. Normally whenever I connect my laptop with the TV at that time laptop automatically detect the resolution but after changing my operating system i am not able to do this. Now I am not able to connect my laptop with my TV. Please tell me what I should do to fix this problem, if you have any solution then please help me with this.

re: Unable to connect Sony Vaio VPCEB17FXG with TV through HDMI

I have read your problem you have suggested that you were able to connect your TV with your Sony Vaio VPCEB17FXG laptop but now you are not able to do that. I think there is something wrong with your graphic driver and I think you should try to solve the problem by uninstalling the driver and after that install the driver again in your laptop. I think after doing that you will not get this problem and you will be able to connect your laptop with your TV.

If you are finding difficulty in connecting your Sony Vaio VPCEB17FXG laptop with your TV then I think first you should check your HDMI cable is working properly or not? If you have any doubts regarding your HDMI cable then try to connect it with other laptop and check whether it is working properly or not? If it is not working properly then I think there something wrong with your HDMI cable and you need to change that. I hope after that you will be able to detect the exact problem.

I have gone through your problem and if your laptop is not detecting your resolution automatically then I think you should try to solve the problem by manually changing the resolution. You can change the resolution by right clicking on the desktop and going in to the properties. After that click on the change resolution, now select the resolution which you want and then click ok. I think after doing that you will not face any issue with your laptop and TV.

If you still facing the same problem then I think you have to download graphic drivers which supports on windows 7 operating system. As you have said that you have upgrade the windows vista to windows 7 that is why there is a possibilities of incompatibility of drivers. That is why I am suggesting you to download the drivers which supports in windows 7 and install it in your laptop. I think after doing that you will not get this issue and you will be able to connect your TV with your laptop through HDMI.

Re: Unable to connect Sony Vaio VPCEB17FXG with TV through HDMI

I was not able to solve the problem by changing the resolution and my HDMI cable is also working the properly with other device. After trying all this tricks I read your last post and after that I downloaded the driver which supports in windows 7. After downloading that I installed it in my laptop and after that I restart the laptop. After that I am able to connect my laptop with my Tv and now I can enjoy all the movies in my TV. Thank you for helping me.