Thread: Shall I use 720P HDTV as a replacement for widescreen PC Monitor

Shall I use 720P HDTV as a replacement for widescreen PC Monitor

I am having Samsung PC monitor which is of 23 inch which is a wide screen monitor having 2052x1152 resolution. Recently I have searched for the new 32 inches LCD which have capability of 720p pixel ratio and are HDTV. I am just planning to have these as my monitors. If it is possible then I would suddenly replace my wide screen monitors. I have also gone through the 1080p LCD HDTV but I found them too expensive so didn’t paid much attention over it. I just want to know that are there some rules or instructions that I should look before making this TV as my PC monitor.

Re: Shall I use 720P HDTV as a replacement for widescreen PC Monitor

I have been under exploration problem with my HDTV from LG. It is connected to an nVidia 9600GT in my HTPC. NVidia drivers gave me no option to solve the problem. Luckily, my HDTV as of LG had an aspect ratio selection "Just Scan" fixing the trouble. Not all TVs have this alternative. I was just lucky enough to buy LG. Usually, you can, but some video cards have problems when connected via HDMI. Sometimes the desktop is too large to fit the screen (scan) to see most, but not the entire desktop or a little too small for the screen (exploration) to have black border around the screen.

So you want to go to a resolution of 2052x1152 to 1280x720? That is a sharp fall in the overall resolution. next factor that is increasing the physical size of the general 23 to 32, this means that the image will be less clear than the current monitor, due to the lower resolution and larger. It also means that, due to the wording of the resolution states, windows, icons will be huge. Since you will be sitting very close to the TV so you would notice this most definitely

Televisions 1080 resolution may be slight more money nevertheless to make a better replacement for a monitor of a 720p TV. 1920x1080 is the native resolution. For myself I have a 40 "1080p through bra that I'm about 4-5 feet away. The quality is definitely not what my 20" 1600x1200 was seen sound. On the other hand, it works wonderful for me since my main PC use today is as a multimedia center (DVD, Blue Ray, games). Unless you are 100% convinced on a 720, spend a little extra money and go 1080p.

I am thankful to all of you for giving me such a good advice. I usually have a habit of sitting near the screen as definitely as you said it would look something weird to me for few days or else I would have to plan for something better for enjoying the experience. As you mentioned about 1080p, I will think for it and would wait for it rather to do hurry for 720p. So have anyone experienced with the 1080p usually near around 32 inch or 37 inch screen.

In order to watch TV devices just go to your local audio visual. Note that you are leaning on the vitality and brightness of most of the time can be adjusted. Personally, I always stay with Sony. At least in reality new products with repair parts unlike most of the market. They also make a very nice product. Never buy a TV only comments or what others say. Always see things in person so they know exactly what you are buying. If not, then we chalk up to luck if you'll be happy with the product or not.

Personally I like playing with most of my games over my 37 "LCDTV 1366x768 and not on 1680x1050 monitor. A larger screen feels extra immersive. If you all the time go off for high-end parts subsequently you have to spend in 1080p TV to get the most out of your video card, otherwise a 720p is fine as mid-range cards cannot handle 1080p very well anyway. To see the website, if you're sitting 6 ' away from you television does not actually matter since you cannot in reality read anything on the display of 1080 unless significantly increase the font size that makes a higher resolution less relevant unless you feel very close.