Thread: Adding Touch Screen Monitor

Adding Touch Screen Monitor

I am just thinking of putting a third monitor to my system. I wish to add a touch screen monitor. I just needed to hear a few opinions on whether the system can handle and if you require anything else this is done. A monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 225BW connected via DVI. Monitor 2 Samsung SyncMaster 170MP is connected via a VGA to DVI adapter. The third monitor was thinking of acquiring an Acer bmidh T230H 23-inch wide touch screen. As of to Sapphire, if you wish to put in a third track that would connect via DisplayPort. I was thinking of acquiring a DisplayPort adapter for the 170MP. Any other information you may need to help me let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Adding Touch Screen Monitor

Here I just wish to add something in your case which may be helpful for you. A few older cards support a maximum of 2 monitors at one time, though I greatly doubt that's a trouble with your card (and its 4 ports!). The Touchscreen fraction likely necessitates USB, after that DisplayPort for video. You truly have a killer setup, it situates mine to shame! So, just try this and let me know, if you able to solve your trouble.

I have no firsthand experience with the Acer monitor, but my friend has a touch screen monitor and HP L2105tm, I am very impressed with him. It has an incredible image quality, one of the best I've seen on a monitor at a good time, and the multi-touch is very precise and sensitive. Is 21.5" instead of Acer 23”, but gives a smaller pixel size and turn a sharper image. Unluckily, it has no HDMI or DisplayPort, just standard VGA and DVI. The Acer has HDMI.

After seeing over suggestion I just wish to add something. Not certain if I even obtain the 3rd touch monitor, just thinking about it. I did a few online researches on the Acer monitor and hear a few excellent reviews, but I will seem at the HP too. Just wanted to make certain I could do the 3rd earlier than I drop a few hundred and discover I have to get something else. That as well is another big decision price.

I am not certain how a touch screen monitor would exertion in a three monitor situation. I could see a lot of dissimilar possible situations.

1. The touch screen would plan to just the one touch screen monitor. This would signify that you would at a standstill require a mouse, and so on to get any function from the added screens.
    2. The touch screen would map to the whole desktop across every three screens. On the boon side, this could make all three screens helpful with the touch screen. On the down side, this could make it tricky to utilize a few times as you "do" stuff on the touch screen which is after that "taking place" on another screen (touch screens exertion best with a "one to one" relationship, i.e. where you touch is where you wish something done).

I place the touch screen and two extra monitors on my computer SLI so you could take the three, since I have no Eyefinity graphics card. The touch screen followed perfectly. There is a small "error" on the screen in where your finger is, so you can tell exactly where the monitor is to contact, and was killed despite running three monitors. I kind of expected that, but it was a good place to display and the games not-wide track incorrectly on the touch screen. So here's the answer, if you decide to go with a touch screen, you will have no problem tracking, even in a configuration of three monitors. I doubt that ATI graphics card matter, because the monitoring is handled by the monitor and Windows, not the video card.