Thread: Auto Adjust feature not working Dell monitor

Auto Adjust feature not working Dell monitor

I am using computer in which I have recently installed the windows 7. Before that I was using windows vista in my computer. I am using Dell SE198WFP monitor in my computer. Before some days I have started facing one problem with my DELL monitor. Whenever I go to the menu from my monitor controls at that time I am not able to see the auto adjust and auto positioning option. Please tell me what should I do to fix this issue? I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Auto Adjust feature not working Dell monitor

I have gone through your issue and I think you can solve this problem by doing this steps. First go to the DELL monitor menu and after that go to the factory setting and select the restore factory setting or reset default setting option. After selecting that option turn off the monitor and turn it on again. Now go to the menu and try to select the auto adjust option again. Now I think after doing that you will not get any issues with your monitor. If you find any difficulties after that then please let me know.

I have one more solution which you can try to solve your problem. First insert the driver CD of your monitor. The CD which you have got with your monitor is very useful. After inserting that CD in your computer install the monitor driver in your computer and after that restart the laptop. if you don’t have the CD then download the driver from internet. After installing the driver you will not face any issue with your monitor and you will be able to use the auto adjust option.

After reading your post I have tried to fix the issue by following above tricks. First I have tried to solve the problem by resetting the monitor setting but after resting the monitor setting also I am still facing the same problem. After that I tried to find my monitor driver CD but I have lost it and I downloaded that driver and installed it in my computer. But that idea didn’t make any difference for me. Now please tell me what should I do? Thank you in advance.

If after trying the monitor driver also you are facing the same problem then I think there is something wrong with your monitor hardware only. I think you can solve this problem by repairing your monitor hardware. If your monitor is under warranty then I think you have to give your monitor in service center only. Because in service center you will get better service for your monitor and they will fix your problem quickly. I hope this idea will solve your issue.