Thread: sony bravia is not connecting properly with VGA connector

sony bravia is not connecting properly with VGA connector

I am using DELL laptop and I am using windows 7 operating system. I normally connect my laptop with my TV to watch all the movies and play the games. First I was using that LG LCD TV and I was not facing any issue in connecting the LCD TV with my laptop. after that I bought the 32” inch Sony bravia TV and now whenever I try to connect my BRAVIA TV at that time laptop detects the TV as monitor but with 0 compatibilities. Please tell me what to do with this problem.

Re: sony bravia is not connecting properly with VGA connector

As you have said I your post that you are facing the problem to connect your laptop with your Sony bravia LCD TV when you use VGA connector. I think first of all you have to check that In your Sony bravia TV VGA port is not defected or not broken. If is there any handshake then I think it is a case bad soldering. First check this and if there is something wrong then fix it first after that you will not face any issue with your system. I hope this idea will be helpful to you.

If you are not able to connect the Sony bravia TV with your dell laptop by using VGA connector then I think you should try to solve the problem by using this trick. First right click on the desktop and go to the properties. Now in properties windows on top left side you will get the option of change the resolution option. Now increase the resolution form there and I think after doing that you will not get any issue with your system. if you find any difficulties after that then please let me know.

I have referred your problem and I think you should try to solve this issue by trying the HDMI cable. As far as I know in Sony bravia TV there is HDMI port is also available which you can find at the backside of your TV. You need to purchase one VGA to HDMI post and by using that try to connect the TV with your laptop. now you will not find any difficulties with your system. I think VGA to HDNI cable can be a part if TV accessories so first check full TV kit and then purchase the cable.

I think you can fix this problem by doing following steps. If you have 32” inch LCD tv and if you are not able to connect the TV with the laptop then I think you should first download the high HD graphic driver for your respective. Because some drivers may not support at higher resolution and because of that we need to update the driver according to that. Now after updating that driver you will not get any issues with your laptop and you TV. I hope you will be able to fix the problem after that.

After reading the above posts I have tried to solve the problem by reinstalling the driver but that idea didn’t worked for me. Now after doing that I also tried to solve the problem by changing the connector also but I didn’t get any result after that also. After that I read your last post and I searched the high definition graphic driver on internet and I downloaded it also. After that I install it in my system now all the things are working perfectly. I hope this trick will fix your issue.