Thread: Unable to detect Nvidia 8400 GS

Unable to detect Nvidia 8400 GS

I am using the computer in which I am using Asus motherboard and 2GB RAM and 320GB hard disk. I am running windows vista in my computer. I was using Nvidia 8400 GS card in my computer for my graphic requirement but before some days I started facing some issues with my graphic card. Now whenever I try to plug the monitor with my graphic card port at that time my screen goes in to the sleep mode. Please tell me what I should do to solve the problem.

Re: Unable to detect Nvidia 8400 GS

I have gone through your problem and first of all you have to do following thing to detect the exact problem. First remove the monitor connection form your graphic card port. After removing the plug from graphic card port you have to inert it in on board VGA port and check that after doing that same problem is coming or not? If same problem is not coming then I think there is something wrong with your graphic card only. I hope this trick will fix your issue and you will not face this problem again in your laptop.

If you are still facing the same problem then I think you have to first completely disconnect the computer from power socket and after that open your computer CPU and then remove the graphic card. Now insert your Nvidia 8400 GS in other slot of graphic card. After that connect your monitor again in your graphic card port, I think after performing this steps you will be able to turn on the monitor properly. Please let me know what the result is after doing these steps.

If you are still facing the same problem even after trying so many things then I think you should try to connect different monitor with your computer and after that check whether that monitor is working properly or not? If that monitor is not giving the same problem then I think there is something wrong with your monitor only. If your monitor is under warranty then I will suggest you to give your monitor for servicing in service center and also ask for the solution about your problem. I think after doing this thing you will not get any issue with it.

I have read your problem and I tried to find the solution for this problem. I think you can fix this issue by doing following steps. First uninstall the graphic driver from your computer and after that restart the computer. Now download the Ccleaner software from internet and then run that application in your system. After doing that install the graphic driver again in your system. Now after installing the graphic card in your system you will not face any issue with your computer.

After trying all the things I was facing the same problem again and again but I didn’t get any proper solution. After that I read your reply. After reading your reply I downloaded the Ccleaner application from internet. After that I run the ccleaner in my system and I deleted all the files from my system which is not required. After cleaning the system I installed my graphic driver again in my computer and after that my system is detecting the graphic card properly. Thank you.