Thread: how to connect HP monitor with iMAC

how to connect HP monitor with iMAC

I have recently purchased the IMAC desktop and I normally use my desktop to watch movies and surfing on internet. Whenever I watch movies on my desktop at that time I connect iMAC with my 24 inch HP LP2475w monitor. I have no problem in connecting the monitor with iMAC but after that whenever I turn off the iMAC monitor at same time HP monitor also gets turned off. Please tell me how to turnoff the iMAC monitor when I use the HP monitor.

Re: how to connect HP monitor with iMAC

I have read your problem and I understand that the problem which you are facing is vary rare. I think you can fix this issue by doing proper setting for your external monitor. You must be having some setting in your iMAC computer to use the external monitor on your desktop. First check all the setting is properly done or not? If after doing the proper setting also you are getting the same issue then please let me know. If setting is not proper then make it proper first I think after doing that you will not face this problem.

I have referred your issue and I have tried to find the solution for your problem. I think you are trying to connect your iMAC computer with your HP monitor with help of VGA splitter. If you are using the VGA splitter then I think you should remove the VGA splitter and use the normal VGA cable and then connect your HP monitor with your iMAC computer. I think after doing that you will be easily able to connect your HP monitor with you iMAC. I hope this trick will solve your issue.

If you want to connect the monitor simultaneously with your iMAC monitor then you have to use the VGA splitter cable only. If you are not able to solve the issue with it then I think you should first try to connect other monitor with your iMAC computer. if you are able to connect the other monitor then I think there is something wrong with your HP monitor connectivity. So first check all this thing and then try to solve the problem according to that only. If you find any difficulty after that then let me know.

I have tried to connect my iMAC with my HP monitor with the help of VGA splitter but after doing that I am having the same problem. After that I tried to connect the monitor with single VGA cable after that monitor is showing the display for one or two minutes and after that it shows the message that there is no signal. I don’t know what went wrong. I checked all the connections with my iMAC and all the things are properly connected please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

If after connecting with the single VGA cable your monitor is giving the problem then I think you should try to solve this problem by changing its resolution. According to me you should try following resolutions 640 x 480 at 117 Hz, 800 x 600 at 95 Hz, 1024 x 768 at 75 Hz. This all resolution will support in your monitor and with the help of that you will be able to connect your HP monitor with your iMAC computer. I hope after doing this changes you will not face any issue.

As you have suggested in your post about changing the resolution, after reading that post I tried exact thing, but that idea didn’t worked for me. After that I tried to solve my problem by changing VGA cable and after changing the VGA splitter in single VGA cable worked for me. Now I am able to turn off my iMAC monitor when HP monitor is on. Thank you so much for your all the help and all the information. I really appreciate your help.