Thread: How to watch movies by using USB stick in TV or DVD

How to watch movies by using USB stick in TV or DVD

I am using Samsung LCD TV and I have Samsung DVD player also. Normally I watch movies in my laptop but now I have big LCD TV so I want to watch my movies in my LCD TV. I am very new to this and I don’t know how to watch my all the movies in my LCD TV or DVD player. Please tell me what I should do to make this work. If anyone has any idea then please let me know. I don’t like to watch the movies in my small laptop screen. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to watch movies by using USB stick in TV or DVD

I have gone through your post as you are looking for watch your movies in your new LCD TV. For that first of you have to check that whether you have USB port in your LCD TV or not? If you have bought this LCD TV recently then I think you must be having the USB port. If you have USB port then just copy all your favorite movies in your pen drive and after that insert it in your LCD TV USB port. After that you can show your pen drive contents in your TV. After that play anything you want.

If you want to play the movies from USB stick to your TV or you want play though your DVD player. I think you can do this. First check that whether in your DVD player USB port is given or not? If you don’t have USB port in you DVD player then you will need to burn the DVDs of your all required movies and if you have the DVD port then you can watch your al favorite movies in your DVD player. For that first connect your DVD player with you LCD TV properly and then copy all the movies in your pen drive. After that insert it in your DVD player after that you can play the movies.

I have one different idea to solve your issue. If you are using latest TV and then you must be having the HDMI slot in your TV. You can play your all the favorite movies directly from your laptop by using DVI to HDMI cable. This cable will allow you to connect your laptop with you LCD TV. After doing this you don’t have to transfer your movies from your laptop to your pen drive again and again. I think this idea will solve your issue and you will get better results.

As you have said in your post about checking the USB port in my LCD TV, I have done exactly same thing and I have checked in my LCD TV about USB port and I was very happy that my LCD TV has USB port. After that was able to play all the movies from my pen drive, but now I am facing one problem with playing movies. In my TV I am not able to play some Different format of movies like MKV. Please tell me what I should do to play those movies in my TV.

I have gone through your post and I have solution for your problem. If you want to play the MKV file in your LCD TV then you have to do following steps. First download the MKV converter from internet and after that install this in your system. Now after installing it in your system convert your required file in AVI or MPEG format, Because MPEG and AVI format normally supported by every device. I hope after doing this steps you will be able to play the MKV file in your TV.