Thread: Unable to get maximum resolution after connecting sony vaio with monitor

Unable to get maximum resolution after connecting sony vaio with monitor

I have recently purchased the Sony vaio laptop before that I was using my desktop computer which was having Samsung monitor and I love that monitor. Some days before I bought the DVI-D TO HDMI to connect my monitor with my Sony vaio laptop, after that I connect my monitor with my laptop and after that I am able to see the display in my monitor but I am not able to set the highest resolution in it. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

Re: Unable to get maximum resolution after connecting sony vaio with monitor

I have referred your problem and I would like to tell you that first connect your laptop with different monitor and after that try to set the maximum resolution in that monitor. If you are able to set the maximum resolution in that monitor then I think there is some thing wrong with your monitor only. I will suggest you to disconnect your monitor completely and after that connect it again. I think after that you will not face this problem again with your laptop.

I have gone through your problem and after that I can give you one solution. First connect your laptop properly with your monitor after that in your monitor press Menu button. After that go in to setting option and then select the reset option. After resetting the monitor restart your laptop and monitor both. Now try to set the resolution. If you are still getting the problem it means your monitor does not support the resolution which you want. Try this solution and let me know what the result id?

I have gone through your issue and I will suggest you to try this solution to solve your problem.
    • First uninstall the graphic driver from your laptop.
    • After that restart your laptop, now insert the driver CD in your laptop.
    • Now delete all temporary files from your laptop by using the disk cleanup option.
    • Now install the driver in your laptop again.

After installing the driver restart your laptop again and after that you will be able to set the resolution which you want.

As you have said in above post to install the driver after cleaning the laptop, I have done exactly same thing and after that I restarted the laptop, but after trying that solution also I am facing the same issue with my monitor. I also checked the HDMI cable with other machine and it working fine with that. After that I reset my monitor and then I am able to get the maximum resolution in my monitor. Thank you for all your suggestion and help provided by you.