Thread: ASUS GTX570 won't play nice

ASUS GTX570 won't play nice

I bought an Asus GTX570 CuCore directly two days before, so naturally, I put it in, install the latest drivers from NVIDIA's website and was ready to rock. Everything started well, but when I start to crank up the AA, all my games crash to the windows. Games (Xx not respond, a window is the search for an accident type of solution.) Work well in AA 2x, but 4x AA + and makes the game crash. (So far that's Crysis and Vegas New). At first I thought it must be drivers with no funds, so re-download it (266.58) and reinstall the driver with a clean installation. Problem persists, so I used the CD that comes with the card to install the drivers again it (266.58). No luck again. So I went to nvidia site and grabbed the 270.51 beta drivers, but still the same problem. Therefore, I am pretty sure that was not the driver. Then I tried to install DX9 again from two different sites, also in vain.

Re: ASUS GTX570 won't play nice

MSI could put afterburners. They have the option to monitor while I play (OSI) in the configuration. Watch the temperature of the GPU. To tell you the truth, is probably a shit job Tim. Again and again the tim in my graphics card, as when I got my 460, there was nothing in the report (nude) and only 2.3 GPU covered with gum as Tim. Each card from nvidia 8800gtx was shocking to open (and 9800 was not bad but it was Tim shit). It's like putting a child in the assembly line with a tube of toothpaste, and sometimes you lose.

Well, I had a look at the temps with afterburner as suggested? Played Crysis for about an hour and a half, was never more than 60 degrees. I tried both ways now, through the nVidia control panel to force AA, and to try to bring into play. Lost Planet 2 4xAA does not care, so now I'm wondering if it's a couple of poorly to New Vegas and Crysis.

Hmm was in the EVGA forums and do not see anyone with this issue. Trust me; if there is a hardware problem, the guys there are the first to complain. This forum is full of whiners. But it made me think. If the band to jump while the game or stuck around half the speed? You can try to activate the single-display performance and power management set to prefer the best performance. That could help stability. All he can think, well maybe a hardware problem, like running into a PCI slot and the older 5 series is having problems with that.

Well, as I said, Lost Planet 2 appears to be fine as civ5 4xAA in DX11 with 4xAA I've tried too far. Yes, I mention DX9 on a hunch as New Vegas and was copping out Crysis in DX9 settings. (The point is debatable, though now and Crysis is doing it again in DX10 as well.) Any suggestions game wise? I think I might be onto something with his theory of VRAM however. How do I show that to analyze whether the RMA, though? I had a look on the afterburner speed to 724 MHz core and beat the game and stayed there, so it does not seem to be a problem of limitation. As a PCI-E major, so I have a Focus Formula 4, total 16 lanes of PCI-E 2.0 goodness.

Well, update. Re Crysis installed and removed from the updates and patches for the game. Now I can turn up the AA to 4x, but slow. As 20fps slow. So I turned everything down, and remains slow. I think I gained about 4 fps, turning down high and medium settings! Something is not right. I've also noticed that intelligent physician, the tension is 1.032v. These cards are intended to ships at much less than 1g to maintain low temperatures and thus aid in noise levels. Tried old dragons 2 (reason i updated, I wanted this game to look awesome) at first it was okay, but then the driver started crashing every 30 - 40 minutes and last night my system completely renovated. I'm frustrated now. I think I'll have to it.