Thread: 1440 x 900 resolution doesn't appear in DX10 mode

1440 x 900 resolution doesn't appear in DX10 mode

I am using the computer In which I have Asus motherboard and MSI Twin Frozr 560Ti graphic card. I normally run all the game in my computer and all the games are working fine in my computer. First I was running the games like crysis in DX9 mode. In DX9 I was getting the resolution option of 1440 x 900 but before some days I installed the DX10 and after that I am not getting the option of that resolution. Please tell me how to get rid of this problem?

Re: 1440 x 900 resolution doesn't appear in DX10 mode

I have read you issue as you are facing the problem with the resolution in DX10 mode while gaming in your computer. I think you should try to solve this problem changing your computer resolution. First change the resolution from your display properties and then start any game and look for the resolution you want. some time because of main resolution we cannot see the resolution we want in the game. So try this solution it may help you. If you find any difficulties then let m know.

I have gone through problem. If you are not able to see the resolution which you want then I think you should first remove the graphic card driver from your computer. After that remove your display driver also from your computer. Now restart your computer. After that install the graphic driver again then it will ask for restart. Click on the ok. After your computer start again install the install the display driver. Now start the game and look for your required resolution. Now you will be able to see that resolution.

After reading your all solution I have tried to solve the problem and I have also reinstalled the graphic driver but it doesn’t make any difference with my system. After that I have also tried to solve this problem by changing my screen resolution but that trick also didn’t work for me. Now I am very confused about this problem and I don’t have any idea about this. Please if anyone have proper solution regarding this then let me know. Thank you in advance.

Are you saying that after installing the DX10 windows is not detecting the resolution which you required? First of all I want to know that you are facing this problem with only one specific game or this problem is coming with all the game. If this problem is coming with only specific game then I think there should be some wrong setting with the game only. I hope this idea will be helpful to you. And after checking that you will come to know about exact problem.

Selvaraj-NNymphs Guest

If you were not facing this problem with DX9 and you have started facing this problem with DX10 then I think this upgrade version is not compatible with your game. I think you should try to solve the problem by installing the latest version of direct x. may be in latest version you will not find the resolution problem. So just download the latest version of direct x and then check that same problem is coming or not. Mostly it will fix your issue.

After watching your post I have downloaded the upgrade version of Direct x but that version also didn’t worked for me. After that I uninstalled that version and I switched to direct x 9 again. After installing the DirectX 9 I am not getting any problem with my system. Now I am able to set the resolution at 1440 x 900. Thank you for your all the help and all the information given by you. Your given solution made my work easy. I really appreciate your help.