Thread: want to work on pink artifacts on the screen

want to work on pink artifacts on the screen

God please help me in overcoming the fault of pink artifacts coming on my monitor screen. I am a game lover. I occasionally use my system for surfing or any other application than the games. My system has ATI radeon agp card x 800 series attached with it. Few days before I started my system, I found that monitor is having few ping artifacts on it. And it continues for few moments and suddenly blank screen comes. Then system goes in lock mode or it gets rebooted. Again for sometime the same thing is getting repeated. Is it time to burry my old video card, or what can be the issue?

Re: want to work on pink artifacts on the screen

Volaaaaa…..it’s really critical time for you. Don’t come suddenly on the conclusion of changing the card directly. It is the issue which can be raised through many problems in the system. But the fault in the graphic card can be one of them. It can happen due to excessive use of this graphic card. As you said that you use the system for game at its maximum concerns. So you may be required to reinstall the drivers of graphic card. If there are any files gone missing in the directories of graphic ports. So try reinstalling the drivers. Consult any chip-expert. Because there are possibilities of dumping of any particular chip on the motherboard itself.

Yup, I think the best solution for this problem is to consult some expert in the chip-modifications. Because this case is related with the microprocessors present on the motherboard. Check the board for any burnt smells. Etc. if any integrated circuits on the board gets burnt it can create problem on the display. Still if problem repeats then check the graphic card port. Check I/O code. If it is changed then it may be the time for you to replace the card. Because when I/O ports are changed then it’s related with the faults in the Graphic card. Kindly choose correct solution.

Ohh boy, you have come up with a good question. I will suggest you first of all to check the system for any earthling on the board. Check whether the power connection on the switchboard is proper. This is the basic solution for you. But next thing to do is to reduce playing games on the system, though you are having graphic card. Because after putting graphic card it does not mean that you will play all the time. And while playing you must make sure that you are using the graphic interface and not the VGA interface. If you make that thing mistakenly it may cause the problem of fluctuations on the monitor.

There are many possibilities when it is related with the fluctuations on the screens. Most of the times the problem is related with power connections. It can be due to malfunctioning of the SMPS. There may be a faulty IC problem as well. Remaining possibilities are the issues with your vedo card and monitor. So you have to consult with the experts in those issues. They may help you much better than me. Because your issue requires an expert opinion otherwise if you makes any problem in troubleshooting can cause damage to you or your system. Do it carefully.

You have not described whether you are using desktop or laptop. So I will advice you in both the cases. Desktop as well as on laptop. In case on desktop you have to check its power supply. Then cross check the fault by connecting your monitor to any other system either laptop or the desktop. If the same problem is coming then for sure the power supply is not but the monitor is having the problem. Check out if the newly connected agp card in the system is compatible with the system or the SMPS you have connected to the system since long. Because it might be possible that the system will be not compatible with the Graphics card.