Thread: How to unlock the Radeon HD 6950?

How to unlock the Radeon HD 6950?

The title says it all so guys I need to know how to unlock the Radeon HD 6950? Well guys I have been trying to look out for some solutions in the internet but I am unable to get anything out of it? So what do you all have to say about it is it possible to unlock the card and can I convert it into some good card such as 6970? Nothing much has been specified in the internet for the same so that’s why I am seeking some help from you guys please do help me here as I am very much interested in knowing the solution.

Re: How to unlock the Radeon HD 6950?

Well what you have to do is unlock the shaders by flashing the card with a HD 6970 BIOS well you can find such bios in any of the bios collection of different websites, these kind of bios will work on the reference design of any of the HD 6950 card and also this bios comes with higher clocks & Overdrive limits that will enable you to make some voltage changes via SmartDoctor. So I hope you have got the basic idea that I was talking about, so work on the necessary suggestions that I have given and in case if you have any doubt then do let me know about it.

So with the unlocking we will be getting a speed of 36fps instead of 121fps, so what that could have been achieved by a simple overclocking of the card I think unlocking can be dangerous you are going to flash the card with some other cards bios what if the current card does not gets started at all, so there can be various miseries behind it so it is better to stay away from such complex procedure and start overclocking with the present card that is a much better option I think.

Well I have got a solution if the unlocking operation goes wrong miserably, see what you all have to do is follow the steps that I have given here and let me know how it was
    1. Firstly you have to Set the BIOS switch in the position to enable the recovery BIOS and reboot the system. What that will do is that it will let you boot the card without problems.
    2. Now boot into Windows/DOS prompt and be ready to flash the card
    3. Now set the BIOS switch in the original position with the system running and ready to flash.
    4. Having completed that complex operation Flash your saved BIOS to the card.
    5. Now Reboot the system and everything is done.

Ok the above method is pretty interesting to me and I was going through the internet and I happened to come across a good piece of information in the tom’s hardware website and I think you must take a look at the procedures that have been carried in the system, so I think that’s the way to go for you. All detailed steps are given there so you must definitely give it a try from there as well. So I hope I have given the necessary information that you were looking for.

Hey thanks guys that was really a great piece of information from your side thanks for informing about that and I did get a lot of information from there so thanks for that and I even referred the website for the help, that also helped me a lot. soon will try with the procedure with some detailed information and lets hope that it turns out to be well for me so lets wait and watch how does it turn out to me.