Thread: Best Graphic card for folding

Best Graphic card for folding

I am having a high configuration PC at home. I often play high graphic games in it. High graphic games usually require a graphic card. I am having a graphic card of Nvidia. It is an excellent graphic card it is allowing me to start any game no matter even if it supports high graphics in it. I know that there are many graphic cards that have come in the market. I am completely satisfied with my graphic card. But I have a query in my related to graphic card. The query is that I just want to know which is the best graphic card for folding? I tried to search for it but I failed to acquire the information. Are you aware about this? If yes then please let me know about the same.

Re: Best Graphic card for folding

I also have a graphic card in my PC.I been using NvidiaGTX460 in an i5 system and approximately I get 9600PPD each card. Its technical specifications are as follows:
    1. 1GB DDR5 Memory
    2. Memory Bus Width: 256 bit
    3. Stream Processors: 384
    4. ROPs: 32
    5. Texture Mapping Units: 48
    6. Manufacturing Process: 40 nm
    According to me this is the best graphic card for folding that I would suggest to anyone.

The query that you have posted is quite unique. I am not aware about such issues. There are many graphic cards with many different specifications. It is really difficult to tell which one could be better for folding. As I previously said that I don’t much knowledge about graphic card so my suggestion for you won’t be accurate to decide the best graphic card for folding. Even then I would like give my suggestion for this query. I definitely choose Nvidia graphic card as the best graphic card for folding.

After reading your post I came to know about your query. You look very eager to find out the best graphic card for folding. It is not at all easier to choose any one graphic card. You can definitely find the accurate answer for your query. But for that you need to consult a person who has in-depth knowledge about computer hardware and he should be well experienced with such issues and queries. That person will definitely give you the exact answer for your query. He will also mention the reason for the particular graphic card that he suggested.

Your query is quite interesting. The answer for this query is not simple. But my suggestions would that Nvidia graphic card are much better other graphic card for folding. Reasons for this suggestion are as follows: Nvidia is especially known for its excellent architecture, mature platform, optimized libraries etc. While ATI Radeon has disadvantages such as more flops per clock, poor documentation, un-optimized libraries. As a GPU programmer, almost every person I come into contact with in this regard prefers the NVIDIA architecture, because it's more flexible and more mature. However, if you have algorithms that take benefit of the ATI high flops per clock (e.g. graphics, high workload per thread), and you want to go through the ATI documentation, then the ATI route is worth. But in terms of folding