Thread: Dead pixel on LED screen

Dead pixel on LED screen

Recently my dad has bought a notebook for me. The notebook is HP Company. It looks is very small. It is very awesome set. It has one GB RAM and 160 GB hard disk. And core two duo processor. I play games on this laptop. But I have a problem with this laptop. On the screen of this laptop has a small dark spot. I don’t know what is this? If anyone know about this please explain. And also I want to any side effect of this spot. Please tell me I am irritating with this dark spot.

Re: Dead pixel on LED screen

Well if your screens were distributed by UPS then I estimate you did get lucky cause I have ordered about 10 screens in the last 6 to 7 years and 6 of them that were distributed by Fed-Ex were in outstanding condition vs 3 of the 4 screens distributed by UPS which had more than 1 dead pixel (boxes were also banged up). It's not a secret, everyone knows the reason why UPS is cheaper than Fed-Ex, therefore I usually suggest shipping heavy items via Fed-Ex and light paper weight items (that can resist getting banged up) via UPS.

I want to tell you about dead pixel that Dead pixels are general; in my notebook’ screen I have 2 or 3 dead pixels. My pc LCD has 3 dead pixels. The only one way I know to "fix" a dead pixel is to change the LCD monitor. To do this contact the producer, and you can obtain a replacement sent to you, or you can find retailers that sell screens online, make sure to check compatibility before purchasing these. Most Manufacturers will have a replacement plan if the unit is has X number of dead pixels at purchase. As for playing games at non-native resolutions, that does not cause dead pixels or harm the screen in any way. It will just have a less sharp image that is all.

I had Hp monitor in last month. On the monitor’s screen had a dead pixel. I had to survive with it for about 3 years. Absolutely bugged me whenever I observed it. However I played games with a few color a dead pixel it is not always noticeable only when it's assumed to illustrate a dark color therefore it was not great awful. My first new computer monitor had a stuck pixel (stuck on red) and that really bothered me, but I had bought the product replacement warranty in the store for what went well and I am very happy to be dead / stuck pixel free.

Yes, definitely dead pixels can occur. The so-called LED screens are LED-backlit LCD panels. Imagine an LCD projector with a LED on the back in lieu of a xenon lamp. As you can imagine the backlight does not produce color or contrast as does absolutely nothing for the picture quality. All LED is good for low power. I think the manufacturers are trying to get everybody confused LED backlight OLED pixel. OLED screens are too small organic LEDs, as each individual pixel screens that can have amazing contrast and color. OLED screens are based on a totally different technology and a class of its own.

I have also seen same thing on my laptop. Really it‘s very annoying. I tried many times but I could not fix this problem but don’t worry I am searching the solution of this problem. I have as "hi-fi 'cam that can capture this point invisible. I'll try. Although the dot is weak, but the issue is, one time you get to know where you are, you will notice on a regular basis no matter how weak it is. Does not bother me much. And about that, is in the midst of the screen.

Well, according your question, I have seen many times this problem. I think it is not repairable problem. Only one option you have just change the LCD . if your LCD is under warranty. Because if you will delay then it will be increased. So I want to suggest you that you should go for the nearest service center. If your warranty will be finished then you will have to pay for new LCD. I had also same problem. I asked many places but I couldn’t find the the solution for repairing. You have only and only one option just replace the LCD.

I use Toshiba laptop. This is good laptop. But a little bit of it servicing problem. It doesn’t have own service center. It use to hcl service center. You can purchase it. No doubt it’ performance is good. I am telling you the configuration of this laptop that I use to. So just you can purchase it your nearest Toshiba service center.
    Sat Pro M200-A452D
    Intel® Centrino® Duo Processor Technology including Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2450 (2.0GHz, 2MB L2 Cache), 512MB RAM II 667 Mhz. FSB,80GB Hard Disk, DVD SuperMulti Double Layer Drive , 14.1" WXGA (200NIT) TFT Clear SuperView display, resolution 1,280 x 800, Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950, up to 251MB of shared video memory, Glossy Onyx Blue Color, Intel 802.11abg WLAN, Bluetooth V2.0 w/ Enhanced Data Rate, 4x USB 2.0, RGB, S-vide, and I year warranty