Thread: Which one would be better for a gaming scene, S3 or PowerVR?

Which one would be better for a gaming scene, S3 or PowerVR?

I am really confused with these two choices as of which one would be better for me while gaming. Well I know pretty good features of both of them with the S3 it has that S3TC which does gets implemented in each and every game that is really a brilliant feature that I liked and while wit the PowerVR is that it has the feature of tile rendering which is again a a interesting feature to look out, so pretty awesome features in both of them to look out for, just wanted to ask you all as if which one would be better for me, so you all know anything about it then do let me know.

Re: Which one would be better for a gaming scene, S3 or PowerVR?

I think so S3 is gone and it is not In a big demand these days in the market and hence It would be very difficult for them to make its name in the market again, I think it will never come back again in the market, the PowerVR is a good one and is a good contender in the market and hence I think that’s the reason why it is able to last longer in the market. you also forgot about the Rendition even that was a interesting thing in the graphics market. Anyways I hope you have got the necessary information.

I would simply choose PowerVR. For me PowerVR is the way to go and no second option after that and hence I think it will be better if you can select the PowerVR only. The reason I am saying that is because it has a much better technology than the S3 also with the domination in the market then it will certainly be a good one to watch out for. So that’s what I am trying to say here I hope you all got the necessary information on these topic.

I would also like to see the presence of Matrox also in the list because it is also a new contender in the market and hence I think this is the one that we must definitely have a look at. Matrox definitely impressed me a lot with its sheer graphics abilities though no longer it is a big name in the industry still I I would be happy if I get to see many of the users from the Matrox, however with the two definite choices that you have given the obvious choice would be definitely PowerVR.

Yes I completely agree with the above user but I did not agree with the one that he has said that it is no longer a big name in the industry. Let me tell you that it is indeed a big name in the industry and hence I think that’s totally untrue because it is a giant in the graphics industry and it will take some big names like Nvidia to enter in the market and give some tough competition to it. Right now I am using Matrox and hence I think it is the best one to be available in the market.

Ok thanks for all your opinions and the suggestions that you all have shared it with me I am really very much impressed with all the suggestions and the discussions that you have given here and let me tell you that has really helped me a lot. Now even I am thinking of changing my mind and I am deciding to go with the Matrox. So thanks for giving all the suggestions and the solutions that you have given here.