Thread: AMD/ATI Graphics card compatibility with Linux

AMD/ATI Graphics card compatibility with Linux

Hello friend, last five years I work on ATI graphics card and that time I want to install the Linux operating system on it but it cannot support. So, then I install windows based OS and use this card. I used ATI Radeon 9700 graphics card. Recently I read some article and this is related to the Linux and its compatible ATI or AMD user. Now I want to install Linux OS on it. So, anyone have knowledge about this concept then please share it. Any type of help suggestions will be appreciates.

Re: AMD/ATI Graphics card compatibility with Linux

Hey dude, I think recently the Linux operating system provide the fglrx driver which help us to install the Linux OS. This fglrx is specially designed for the Linux operating system display driver and it is compatible with the ATI Radeon and ATI FireGL family video adapters. The fglrx is stands for FireGL and Radeon for X. hence as the name suggests that this driver is specially designed for the Linux OS. Then you need to install this driver which helps installation of the Linux OS.

Normally, Linux OS have inbuilt features which will provides better graphics feature. Whenever we compare it with the ATI or AMD graphics card few years ago this card is designed especially for windows system. Then as per the Linux demand is increased there is needed to insert this card onto the Linux OS. Then in the few month ago the developer have provide the several driver which helps to install Linux on graphics card.

In the half of the 2007 most of the Linux user wants some driver which can be supports the ATI Radeon and other AMD type of card. Then after that Linux which is based on the UNIX operating system have launched several different drivers for this card. So, it helps for the use the performance of the graphics card. Most of the people use this graphics card and they want to install it onto the Linux OS. Many times it is easy to install it onto windows OS but not in the Linux based OS.

Hey I also want to share some thoughts about this graphics card. This type of graphics card is specially designed for the windows OS and the performance of this graphics card over the Microsoft windows is so brilliant. Then as per the user demand the Linux supported driver are also presents in the market. When I use this driver and try to insert this card onto the Linux OS then I found that it creates some trouble. Still I am confusing about this graphics card supports the Linux or not.

The compatibility of AMD/ATI graphics card with the Linux is not solved still now. Some of the user have says that AMD/ATI Linux support has been criticized due to perceived stability and performance issues. It contains number of options which will never need as per performance point of view. There are so many Linux supported card driver presents but it does not give full performance. So, I think this compatibility issue is always arrives in this AMD/ATI Linux graphics card.

Hey dude, sometimes it would be possible that we do not use the correct procedure for installation of the AMD/ATI card into the Linux. Then it does not give 100% performance and we think that the trouble is presents in the compatibility. In this case normally we need to use the step by step process for insertion of the card. The user guide manual of the graphics card gives the complete process for doing these operations. So, we need to read the process and follow it.