Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2011

Need help in choosing a computer monitor

I have a Samsung's monitor but recently I am having a problem regarding its color resolution and I am thinking of buying a new monitor and have two in mind. HP 2311x 23 widescreen led backlit LCD Monitor and a Dell ST2310B 23" Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor. I do a lot of work in photo shop. Also what particulars should I look for? Any suggestion ?
Old 05-05-2011

Re: Need help in choosing a computer monitor

I would insist you to firstly have a glance at Samsung?s monitor. As you have mentioned that you work most probably on Photo shop it will give you the better color resolution as well as the required crispness. You didn't mention anything about the system that you are using, because of some vid capabilities, etc. And if you just refer any portal you can easily get the idea about which kind of monitor you want.
Old 05-05-2011

While purchasing monitor you must consider some factors regarding what applications you use, The geographical area of your place where you are about to put it, and the most important, how much you are going to spend. And other functional aspects like screen size, aspect ratio , native resolution, contrast ratio etc. Larger the size is better result display but as the size increased the cost of that monitor is varies.
Old 05-05-2011

The size of the LCD panel probably has the biggest influence on price. f you do a little more demanding stuff such as graphics or you surf the net with a few windows open then according to me HP 2311x 23 LCD computer monitor is probably your best choice. Many and most of the better monitors will have basic VGA and the optional DVI and HDMI ports on board but for using that you should have the capability off course.
Old 05-05-2011

You can do another thing apart from buying a new monitor, just check out with the support center for replacement if it is in the warrantee period. Off course it?ll reduce your cost as well as you do not have to bother about your expectation. It can be done using the basic steps, or some site also gives the facilities like after Registering ourselves we?ll get 3 months extended warranty service for FREE but the conditions apply, like you would get the benefit only if you had purchased it from their specified center.
Old 05-05-2011

The higher the contrast ratio is better as you have mentioned you have to work on photo editing. Any monitor with a contrast ratio above 400:1 will do fine for surfing the internet and games. However a high contrast ration has some benefits for graphics work as the monitor can display more defined shades of greys and 'blacker' blacks. If you do a lot of image editing you'll want a contrast ratio of at least 700:1

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , ,