Thread: My TV doesn't show red color when it is connected to Set top box through RCA cable

My TV doesn't show red color when it is connected to Set top box through RCA cable

Hi,

if i connect the cable directly to TV (received under Tamilnadu free colour TV scheme), I can see all the colors (Red Green Blue).

But if i connect the cable through Hathway set top box then my TV doesnt show the RED Color.

Cable is connected to Set top box. Set top box (SCART sockets) is connected to TV by using RCA cable

How can i resolve this problem?
    Last edited by ksvimalraj; 04-05-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Re: My TV doesn't show red color when it is connected to Set top box through RCA cable

I think you have problem in your hathway set top box. The back side plugging switch is may be faulty. Or it may be problem with your RCA cable. Just do one thing, change the cable and try it another time. If it’s still not working than call to hathway person, because it’s surely the problem with your set top box.

Re: My TV doesn't show red color when it is connected to Set top box through RCA cable

Hi Chandranath,

First of all thanks for your reply.

There is no problem with the Set top box. I Checked the Set top box with another TV it is working fine. But the RCA cable which i used was different that time.

So I will check with some other RCA Cable.

Is there a chance that because of RCA cable the Red color missing in the TV ?

Hi Chandranath,

Even i checked with the different RCA Cable. Still I am having the same problem.

So it must be problem in TV.

Anybody have any idea abt this problem?

The set can have an irregular breakdown in the part that processes the red signal. The other is probable too, but in that case many folks would have protested. The intermittent failure is possibly not "all better" now. It will most likely fail another time, for longer and finally permanently. I know, because I had a TV a moment or two that didn't get green.