Thread: Which to between AMD and Nvidia for better graphics

Which to between AMD and Nvidia for better graphics

I am planing to switch for an gpu support. My friend is selling of its old Nvidia gpu and before buying that I would like to go for more research. I found that AMD is also provides much high end gpus in that range. I want to buy a card from the best one. According to you which one will provide me a better support and solution. The other things which also important to consider is that for how long does this card will support the latest games.

Re: Which to between AMD and Nvidia for better graphics

There are ample of competition between the both companies. The battle between them was between the Radeon HD 6990 and GTX 590 graphic cards. I go with AMD in my views due to the wide range gpu support and as am also one of the regular user of this. The AMD Radeon HD 6790 is one of better cards produced by AMD. This gpus are based on same graphics chip core derived from Bart available on the Radeon HD 6850 and 6870. This two types of gpus were quiet a hit in the market.

It is not easy to come directly on conclusion just by differentiating between two latest gpus. Today the most things which relies on this is the usage and compatibility factor. Along with hardware and latest game engine support. Both are offering quiet a good range of graphic cards and there are some really a very wide variety of cards found from lower to high end one. AMD is termed as much efficient in some cases while in some points Nvidia goes best for the graphic output.

There are number of things which are needed to look out when you are going for an comparison. In this there are number of factors that at necessary to see before choosing a gpu. First of all it is your choice to go for nvidia or for amd. The first thing you must look around for this a support for Direct X11. If your card does not has a support for the same either it belongs to any of the company then it is useless to buy. Today most of the games are coming with Direct X11 support.

Both the companies are quiet a strong player and they providea better support for the Direct X games. From the AMD's side the Radeon HD 6000 series of card are just awesome with connectivity and graphic output. The second choice in the same matter comes is Stereoscopic 3D support. You must check the 3D capability of your card which you are choosing. This is an important part for today's high end games. Most of the game are coming out in 3D now.

I am very old user of Nvidia. I had found this as an better support for the gaming and multimedia thing. Now the issue lies to determine the same is with the physics and power consumption. Also one thing which matters when you go for an better video editing is HD Video Encoding. You must check that your gpus should have better codec support. If they are not capable of reading the same then there is no worth to buy. Today there are ample of cards which has better output support for multimedia also.