Thread: Reference Block does not fit my card with XFX 6790

Reference Block does not fit my card with XFX 6790

I would take the time to warn you guys regarding silent XFX review have been ported to the 6970 orientation design that makes third party coolers or water blocks unusable. Do not warn anyone or change the model number to point toward such a thing, and my contact with the performance of PC, + + + + and EK, nobody was aware of this review. The small version is that XFX has through considerable changes to its reference model HD-697ACN-FC, the change within SMT components cheaper, eliminate the BIOS switch, and back plate and speakers, in addition to the transfer holes for the mounting screws so the water blocks representation, such as EK-6970FC reference design obsolete. What you guys think on it.

Re: Reference Block does not fit my card with XFX 6790

Hello according to my knowledge and experience I think it is totally unreasonable. You not supposed to hold responsible for a lack of oversight through the company (Newegg and XFX). be supposed to compensate for any out of pocket expenses incurred, and I encourage you to follow a plan of action that take place one or both accounts. Sorry about your problem and hope to make the best of it. I hope now you are clear with your doubt.

I am not completely agreed with your thoughts. In actual fact it is not the fault of the retailer. The picture he had sent the correct model on the outside of the box. I'm sure I could fight to wave the restocking fee and win, but still have to pay $ 20 postage to return the card to them (shipping in Canada is approximately 4 to 5 times more expensive than in the states .) This is clearly legal and XFX problem. They are the ones at responsibility.

I've read about several people who had to return the pieces to be DOA, and chat with a representative from Newegg were able to obtain compensation for shipping costs. I do not memorize if it was within the form of a gift card or what. It appears they have resolute to maintain the 6970. Report results on release would be great, for the reason that your card has a chil voltage regulator. Not sure if the liberate is attached to the voltage regulator or all cards be capable of be unlocked, however it would be valuable information. Thanks, I appreciate it.

XFX made fundamental modification within design of the card, but not to tell their customers, changing the model number. For example, are already selling non-reference designs such as the standard HD-679X-ZDFC. Why not change the last two script of the model HD-697ACN-FC somewhat similar to HD-697ACN-XC and let us know "this is no longer a reference card of the people, so plan your team accordingly." When I heard, he blamed sellers with a pointless argument (not updating the pictures), when the images have not prevented this situation.

They permit for voltage modification. In my experience in crossfire they run 5-10 degrees cooler. My testing (on top of air) overclocked in the direction of 975/1500. I comprise one place holding an orientation xfx 6970 I'm waiting on top of a 460 rad to install. Within defense of XFX in universal terms, the orientation tandem knock 1050 core / 1525 beneath water and the 1.1 is no droop. The non-ref is my brother's card, for the questioning.

It is quite usual process on the side of ATI. There is a necessity of 3 months for every reference cards, from that point of AIB are permitted to sell cards that are not appropriate. It was the same process with the 5k and 3k 4k series cards. XFX but has opted for cheap and never bother to mention the letters of reference do not, everyone went through the same process with a series of 5k when the reference is not XFX cards were released. Newegg was slow in the game in exchange for information about the product and yet never bother to mention that it was not a reference card and persistent to put up for sale it as a orientation design.