Thread: Netflix not working in Toshiba 40UL605U

Netflix not working in Toshiba 40UL605U

I acquired this TV from the shopping channel. Internet connectivity runs, DLNA and the media player exertion but Netflix and VUDU does not work and should, widgets I was informed by one of the maintain reps are presented by VUDU, so neither work because I am in Canada though I require evidence on this? I called Netflix and they said I necessitate a firmware update but I have the most recent firmware 1.2 as definite by a Toshiba support rep. So I call the shopping channel and they have started an inquiry with Toshiba for the transport, warranty and Netflix problem and wait for a comeback. As well they should be able to correctly answer questions on Net TV, widgets, VUDU and Netflix not any of which work. And ya, its US serial number on TV. Anyone here have any idea on this?

Re: Netflix not working in Toshiba 40UL605U

Let's see what the shopping channel utters Are there Canadian series numbers for this model and would Netflix exertion on these? I ensured the Netflix Canada site and just see one SAMY supported? If not sustained because this is a US series number then if the warranty can someway be privileged I might keep the TV so please recommend on how to obtain the warranty supported by Toshiba as the serial number can be establish on the support line.

If you have been calling Toshiba Canada but they consider your serial number is from Toshiba America then I think you’re subsequent step should be to contact the Toshiba's Customer Support Center in the US. I don't know if there is a warranty problem to be spoken to here, though. You will necessitate talking to support and finding out if the Internet services for your unit are obtainable in Canada or not. That's not actually a warranty problem, as long as the whole thing is functioning as intended. Obviously, if that's the case you may need to return it to TSC.

Toshiba US lastly unlocked a case. Warranty is not a problem if I send in the warranty card however they did give a US and not a Canadian warranty card in the box. Anyhow if I can’t determine the warranty problem, and as a minimum be able to have it privileged in Canada at a repair center after that I will return the unit to the shopping channel for repayment. Netflix in Canada according to Netflix is just sustained on one or two TV at the present and more to come, so this model possibly is sustained later this year but I am not certain if would afterward require a firmware update.

I was looking at the criticisms for Netflix for the 46UX600 TV. Your reaction is it’s not supported which does match the Toshiba marketing text. In my case I have the 40UL605U that does support Netflix according to the US Toshiba literature. My query is, I have this TV in Canada and Netflix is a menu option and while I choose it, it attempts to go through a registration but outcomes in "this TV cannot be activated" and I would akin to know if it will begin to work one time Netflix supports this TV in Canada on their servers? Or would a firmware update as well be necessary to let support assuming Toshiba determined to accomplish a firmware update if necessary.