Thread: Best graphic card for CAD on Toshiba Qosmio x505-880.

Best graphic card for CAD on Toshiba Qosmio x505-880.

Hello guys I have Toshiba Qosmio x505-880 and on which Windows 7 is installed, I am civil engineer so my work mostly related to the drawings on the CAD. So I need a good powerful CAD graphics card for my laptop and for that, guys I need your suggestions. As I said, I am a civil engineer so I don’t have much knowledge about computer graphic card, so can I replace the GTS 360m graphic card in my system with a good graphic card which is suitable for 3D CAD.

Re: Best graphic card for CAD on Toshiba Qosmio x505-880.

Well dude I will recommend you to buy a new Toshiba laptop instead of replacing the Graphics card on the laptop. You will find many Toshiba models which supports 3D CAD really very well and for that look for model that comes with the Nvidia Quadro card. Because I am having the same thing, and it really works very well I don’t know about the replacing of graphics card but if you can replace or purchase a new laptop then go for laptop with Quadro card.

Well dude no doubt Nvidia Quadro are the best graphic cards suitable for CAD and the 3D applications. I have heard about few Quadro graphic card and those are NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700M and NVIDIA Quadro FX 700M.If you can replace your graphic card then replace it with one of these if they are available for the Toshiba laptop. And in my point of view 3700M is better than the other two.

Dude I would say don’t purchase any graphic card by looking at features and other factor because that graphic card has to be compatible your laptop. And I think you will get the graphics card from the Toshiba company itself which are compatible with their laptops. Because graphic cards are a proprietary design, and the other graphic cards won’t fit on your system. So the card you gonna purchased should be designed for the your laptop model.

Well dude the above user is right because I have personally experienced it I had gaming laptop but for my projects I wanted a CAD laptop but my laptop didn’t support cad application really very well so I bought a graphic card from the Amazon. And when I got this graphics it wasn’t compatible with my syste and it didn’t fit also. So before going buy first you should consult with the Toshiba they will suggest you the right option.

Well guys thanks a lot for taking part on my post, I didn’t knew about all this stuffs that there are fixing issue with the other graphics cards, thanks for letting me know that. After reading all the above posts I have emailed the Toshiba support and they have reverted by and said that in week they will tell the available CAD graphic cards. Thanks a lot guys for giving me the frank advice, else I would have wasted my money. Thank you,