Thread: Will two 12V rail be enough for the GTX 460 MSI to run in it?

Will two 12V rail be enough for the GTX 460 MSI to run in it?

Hello everyone I am very desperate to know if the GTX 460 MSI will run in my system, the reason for the worry is that the new GTX 460 MSI requires a good 24A to run in 12V rail, My PSU (500w OCZ ModXStream) has two 12V rails with 18A. so I was just concerned whether that much power would be enough for the existing card? If yes then do let me know about it since I am really very concerned about this topic from the past few days and hence I thought of asking this question with you all and better confirm it from you all only.

Re: Will two 12V rail be enough for the GTX 460 MSI to run in it?

I think its totally enough see what they have specified is that they want the power that will sum up to 24A and in your case with one rail it is giving a power of 18A so with the combined power it will sum up to 36A and I think that’s sufficient to power up any car4d. so I hope you have got required answer and I think that’s what the answer that I had got for you. So do go ahead and try it, I am sure it will work for you.

Dude why are you waiting for the 460 when the 560 is already launched then what’s the point In waiting for it. I have got the GTX 560 and I personally love it so go ahead with that and the power consumption is almost the same so it is best to go ahead with that and upon that you might also be able to flash a 460 with a 560 BIOS. So that’s the benefit that you get with the current card that I have suggested you, so go ahead with that and I am sure it will be of good help for you.

I doubt whether you can do that process because the 560 and the 570 cards have different gpu’s so I don’t think so whether you would be able to flash them with any of the 460 cards. So it would be a very difficult operation to carry out, anyways coming back to the same topic as the above user suggested the power that is produced by the psu is totally enough for the card to run properly, so you don’t need to worry about that as well.

Ok thanks for all the suggestions that you all have given here, I got the appropriate answer that I was looking for and all the credit goes to all of you guys for solving the issue so quickly for me, I am really very happy with the response that I have got here, so thanks for the response that you all gave me. Initially i was not sure whether 12V rail will work or not but now i realize that it will give me some enough power for overclocking as well.