Thread: Dual ATI video cards for 3 monitors

Dual ATI video cards for 3 monitors

I read a few posts stating that I could do three monitors on my windows vista system if I purchased video cards that utilize the similar drivers. I previously had the ATI Radeon HD 3400 card running 2 monitors. I did a slight investigate and purchased the ATI Radeon 9250 128mb. If I remove my PCI-e card and just utilize this 9250 PCI card, the 9250 will work. If I have both plugged in though, windows vista defaults to the PCI card. Device manager will distinguish the PCI-e card, but won't allow me run any monitors on it. I plugged in a monitor to the PCI-e card, but it obtains no signal and while I go into display settings it doesn't show up. Anyone have any idea about this? Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Dual ATI video cards for 3 monitors

I do not feel that will work. Dual Cards might exertion if they were both PCI-E and in a crossfire setup. I would recommend purchasing an Eyefinity card in its place, which supports 3 or more monitors by itself. And after that get any adapters you might require. With any luck your monitors have DVI as that has been ordinary for years now, after that you would just necessitate getting a Display port or HDMI adapter to anything your monitor has. They as well have cheaper Eyefinity cards, but they might necessitate more adapters as they use just 1 DVI port.

I think we are missing out on one precise piece of information here. ATI/AMD cards can do 3 monitors out, but they just have the ability beginning with the 5xxx series cards. The cheapest way out is the ATI 5450 which can be establishing for below $40. These cards do 3 monitors in what's called Eyefinity, and were intended from the ground up to do just that, so its guaranteed that they will do what you require! If I were you, I would return the card you purchased and acquire the certain thing.

DisplayPort is the next creation of video output for graphics cards. Particular card cannot accomplish Eyefinity because of the short of a DisplayPort connection, but this Gigabyte alternative meets the necessities for Eyefinity. The just thing to memorize is that you will either require as a minimum 1 of the monitors to have a DisplayPort input or you will necessitate purchasing an active DisplayPort to DVI adapter. Slightly in excess of just the $40 card, but worth it to obtain a 3 monitor setup going with Eyefinity.

I have been waiting for HIS to present me an answer to this question. The just reply I have thus far is that their techs are functioning on it. It has been 10 days since I shaped that support ticket. I should just sacrifice and purchase the card that someone recommended, but I have a hard time giving up. I have done countless experiments and haven't got anything to work. I am at the position that I wish to say screw HIS and just acquire the triple monitor card if I don't hear anything tomorrow.

The both WDDM driver need to utilize the similar display driver, your old 9250 has to utilize a legacy driver, so the 3400 would as well have to utilize the similar driver (windows would auto-update the 3400 to a novel display driver if you didn't pay thought and initially installed 10.2). Attempt running driver cleaner pro and remove your ATI drivers or catalyst control center and so on. Restart, and setup the 10.2 Legacy driver/suite, and make certain you have automatic update immobilized in windows.